Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed for a newbie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jacko

Hi all

I posted earlier today in the intro section with a bit about me, I’m starting up trad and I’ve got a few questions that hopefully some of you can shed some wisdom on?

-equipment supplies

any recommendations on suppliers? I’ve found cleaning spot which seem really good.

-ladders

Im buying a hop up platform for bungalows just to make life easy but what ladders do you guys recommend? Any particular brand? Recommended size?

-Insurance

If I’m honest I don’t even know where to start with insurance, it will just be me on my own as a sole trader. How much should I be expecting to pay roughly?

any advice will be greatly appreciated! 
thankyou

The trad lads will jump in on a supplier as for Public Liability it's very important to have and shouldn't ne more than a £100 for the year and make sure you have business use on your car or van insurance policy

Hi all

I posted earlier today in the intro section with a bit about me, I’m starting up trad and I’ve got a few questions that hopefully some of you can shed some wisdom on?

-equipment supplies

any recommendations on suppliers? I’ve found cleaning spot which seem really good.

-ladders

Im buying a hop up platform for bungalows just to make life easy but what ladders do you guys recommend? Any particular brand? Recommended size?

-Insurance

If I’m honest I don’t even know where to start with insurance, it will just be me on my own as a sole trader. How much should I be expecting to pay roughly?

any advice will be greatly appreciated! 
thankyou
Good morning.

Suppliers are everywhere and only a google away.

The window cleaning warehouse 

The cleaning spot 

The cleaning warehouse 

Wintecs 

Bladeright 

Price cleaning supplies 

Trade specific Public liability insurance & vehicle insurance 

Alexander Swan 01793616773 Jade Claire & Sharon are very helpful and can best advise on a policy for you 

Ladder wise Ramsey pointer ladders are very good they do take a bit of getting used to but much safer than a traditional ladder , Wintecs are very good , soap  national , we deal with both find them good on price and helpfull 

For equipment, I use window cleaning warehouse mostly, always a great service.

For ladders I use 20ft doubles from titan ladders.

For bungalows, where my ladder can't get under the eves, I tend to use step ladders, which are more useful than those single hieght platforms. I carry a 5 tread set from b&q.

I will often also use a moerman fliq on a small 8ft pole, which is easy to carry with the ladders if I am a away from the van.

For insurance, I use premierline business, but shop around. 

Thankyou to everybody that replied, you’ve all given me a lot of good advice and I’m currently shopping around for ladders, insurance and trad equipment ??

Back