Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Fastest way of applying bio


JBC

Recommended Posts

Hey chaps, 

Had a big area to biocide this afternoon amd it took an age with the backpack ?

Anyone got any suggestions on how to apply quickly to large areas? 

I was thinking:

1. Downstream on washer

2. Buy an x jet with 50 - 1 proportioner

3. Petrol roller pump/ comet pump

4. Big 12v everflo pump

 

Whats best in your opinion? 

Many thanks

Link to comment

Depends how accurate you want to be with the application , a lot of theses methods will produce huge amounts of drift/overspray waisting product and contaminating large areas   

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Depends how accurate you want to be with the application , a lot of theses methods will produce huge amounts of drift/overspray waisting product and contaminating large areas   

I can see that applying to the x jet but a 12 v pump? The roller pump? At least with these you can dial the flow up and down. 

Dont get me wrong backpacks have their place but I can't imagine the backpack being the most efficient way especially for 100s of sq metres. I did about 150 today and it was painfully slow. 

Link to comment

If you are only doing domestic roofs then the backpack is fine. If you are moving on to commercial then you need something with an engine. I've ordered the one below from Rutland Pumps which arrives in at end of May.

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/rolltek-bowser.html

In fact, I'm spraying a roof tomorrow with wet and forget with backpack, 2hrs it takes and that's clearing the gutter aswell.

Edited by scottish cleaning service
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, JBC said:

I can see that applying to the x jet but a 12 v pump? The roller pump? At least with these you can dial the flow up and down. 

Dont get me wrong backpacks have their place but I can't imagine the backpack being the most efficient way especially for 100s of sq metres. I did about 150 today and it was painfully slow. 

I agree with you , it also depends how it’s applied droplet spray is much better than atomisation or mist as this drifts so you need the appropriate nozzle fir what ever you are using to apply the chemical , I have been looking at the rolltech pumps and bowser sprayers for exactly the same reason but from the videos I have been watching Ime concerned about the drift spraying roofs from the ground with a lance , ware as using a pole up onto the roof there is minimal drift , it would be good to be able to try before you buy especially when kit is costing £1500-2500 you don’t want to buy the wrong thing 

 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I agree with you , it also depends how it’s applied droplet spray is much better than atomisation or mist as this drifts so you need the appropriate nozzle fir what ever you are using to apply the chemical , I have been looking at the rolltech pumps and bowser sprayers for exactly the same reason but from the videos I have been watching Ime concerned about the drift spraying roofs from the ground with a lance , ware as using a pole up onto the roof there is minimal drift , it would be good to be able to try before you buy especially when kit is costing £1500-2500 you don’t want to buy the wrong thing 

 

I saw a guy using one on industrial units, he was spraying hypo on them and I think he was then going back and using his PW to remove all the algae. That one job probably paid for the engine bowser. He was near retirement and his son didn't want to take over so there will be a gap in the market which needs filled. Folk and companies are becoming obsessed with cleanliness so our business is rising exponentially. I'm snowed under with work and I go back on Checkatrade next month and I'm not looking forward to it, 3 fences to build but material sold out. I'm also going into the gnome business but finding it hard to get gnome painters. ???  

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept