Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black metal guttering with white build up

DeLaCruz

Something on a clean I have to do I haven’t seen before looks like a heavy white stain on the black metal guttering - gonna be using the usual virosol mix but wondered if others had seen this kinda staining ? When I glanced okay it my gut feeling was this could be a substance that degreaser won’t work on 

DDC9A509-3D88-498E-8753-44E59B6CDA15.jpeg

C508E725-EC4D-4E3A-8259-8F9229C4559A.jpeg

Something on a clean I have to do I haven’t seen before looks like a heavy white stain on the black metal guttering - gonna be using the usual virosol mix but wondered if others had seen this kinda staining ? When I glanced okay it my gut feeling was this could be a substance that degreaser won’t work on 

View attachment 24248

View attachment 24249
Would that be salt deposits or Galvanic corrosion from dissimilar metals for example cast iron gutter and galvanised nuts and bolts if so you may struggle to clear the staining 

Would that be salt deposits or Galvanic corrosion from dissimilar metals for example cast iron gutter and galvanised nuts and bolts if so you may struggle to clear the staining 
Doesn’t feel like it would be salt as I clean plenty of black plastic gutter nearby with no salt deposits - gut tells me it’s something to do with the metals reaction to the surrounding environment 

Latest Posts

Back