Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Mask ? etiquette

DeLaCruz

I wanna wearing the correct PPE for my soft washing for obvious reasons - I just end up feeling super awkward wearing even the smaller JSP Force 8 Respirator mask in public let alone a proper full respirator mask. Feels like I shouldn’t be doing what I’m doing on a house which is surrounded by other houses or roads etc. Worried the neighbours will look and start grilling me about what I’m doing.

To combat this I have started using much weaker (Around 1% available chlorine) mixes to try an work safer and just ditched the mask apart from when I’m mixing it up - Also been using a Gardiner flow valve with the back pack to allow a **** weak flow rate that dribbles out of the pencil jets and i just brush it one gently to avoid droplets ? ? Works well on lightly stained terraces but not much good in terms of speed. How do you guys approach masks when spraying in public ? 

Edited by DeLaCruz
5 minutes ago, DeLaCruz said:

I wanna wearing the correct PPE for my soft washing for obvious reasons - I just end up feeling super awkward wearing even the smaller JSP Force 8 Respirator mask in public let alone a proper full respirator mask. Feels like I shouldn’t be doing what I’m doing on a house which is surrounded by other houses or roads etc. Worried the neighbours will look and start grilling me about what I’m doing.

To combat this I have started using much weaker (Around 1% available chlorine) mixes to try an work safer and just ditched the mask apart from when I’m mixing it up - Also been using a Gardiner flow valve with the back pack to allow a **** weak flow rate that dribbles out of the pencil jets and i just brush it one gently to avoid droplets ? ? Works well on lightly stained terraces but not much good in terms of speed. How do you guys approach masks when spraying in public ? 

If you are working in well ventilated areas ie outside do you need one ??? None of the big softwashing companies that I have seen use them , unless you are using a fine mist spray you arnt breathing in liquid ,if applying through a brush then it’s just the bleach smell which a lot of masks won’t remove anyway , Ime not suggesting working dangerously or not using the appropriate PPE , bit think the risk is minimal , I am of course open to any experts out there that can advise differently but that’s my understanding of it . Obviously use eye protection both glasses and visor and gloves , take a look at the Benz videos , I don’t think he is wearing a mask in any of them ???? 

16 hours ago, DeLaCruz said:

For me personally and from my background I prefer using what I know best, Avon S10 or the Scott Safety GSR 

I've done some jobs where I've used chemicals that literally destroy your throat, sinuses & taste perception 

SH is pretty tame when used correctly but I've done large scale decontamination jobs in schools, universities and factories where Norovirus has been present.

I'd personally recommend you use an all in one Respirator that covers your whole face. Less irritation less exposure and no gaps for inhalation 

Trust me you'll not want to be wearing cheap goggles and JSP nose & mouth screwfix tat 

20210418_125753.jpg

Edited by Apw1210
3 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

For me personally and from my background I prefer using what I know best, Avon S10 or the Scott Safety GSR 

I've done some jobs where I've used chemicals that literally destroy your throat, sinuses & taste perception 

SH is pretty tame when used correctly but I've done large scale decontamination jobs in schools, universities and factories where Norovirus has been present.

I'd personally recommend you use an all in one Respirator that covers your whole face. Less irritation less exposure and no gaps for inhalation 

Trust me you'll not what to be wearing cheap goggles and JSP nose & mouth screwfix tat 

20210418_125753.jpg

Lol the neighbours will think they are  being invaded 

Yes @Apw1210 it isn’t that I am adverse to any wearing a full respirator of course I’d prefer not too but safety comes before comfort, it’s just that imo it projects a pretty full on image of toxicity being put into the surrounding environment to anyone within looking distance - this is not the case as only close up is dangerous so it’s something I want to avoid in residential areas.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.