Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

UPVC Restoration


Recommended Posts

Hi Guys I know you Don't like talking about Pricing but could do with some Help . I have a Customer who has a Bungalow and she wants all her frames and Conservatory back to New .How much do you guys Charge for this service , i have done the odd frame for a Customer who had pointed out 1 or 2 or a small back Door and I have not Charged But this lady wants every Frame and sill done and Conservatory , I Normaly Use Thompsons UPVC Restorer  , Does anyone use Unger Rub out and think it's better if they have used Both . Any help would be amazing . 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Mark75 said:

Hi Guys I know you Don't like talking about Pricing but could do with some Help . I have a Customer who has a Bungalow and she wants all her frames and Conservatory back to New .How much do you guys Charge for this service , i have done the odd frame for a Customer who had pointed out 1 or 2 or a small back Door and I have not Charged But this lady wants every Frame and sill done and Conservatory , I Normaly Use Thompsons UPVC Restorer  , Does anyone use Unger Rub out and think it's better if they have used Both . Any help would be amazing . 

Never did this job myself, but just bear in mind it’ll probably be more hard work than window cleaning. So even if it’s only a hours work it may end up knocking two hours off your day. So it’s weather your happy to make less that day (need the work) or will need to charge more per hour. ? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment

We wouldn’t do it but know a few that do and they charge £10-15 per window like the ones in the picture  

EF0FA8B0-BB9C-4CED-B254-A793AEC6220C.jpeg

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Thanks that gives me some idea now appreciate it Pjj

6 minutes ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Never did this job myself, but just bear in mind it’ll probably be more hard work than window cleaning. So even if it’s only a hours work it may end up knocking two hours off your day. So it’s weather your happy to make less that day (need the work) or will need to charge more per hour. ? 

Very true its a road where they are nearly all Bungalows so hoping I pick up a few by Doing the work for her 

Edited by Mark75
  • Like 3
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Mark75 said:

Hi Guys I know you Don't like talking about Pricing but could do with some Help . I have a Customer who has a Bungalow and she wants all her frames and Conservatory back to New .How much do you guys Charge for this service , i have done the odd frame for a Customer who had pointed out 1 or 2 or a small back Door and I have not Charged But this lady wants every Frame and sill done and Conservatory , I Normaly Use Thompsons UPVC Restorer  , Does anyone use Unger Rub out and think it's better if they have used Both . Any help would be amazing . 

Who much are you worth per hour is the obvious answer 

With respect, we can't see the condition of the aforementioned task in hand, we don't know your ability hourly rate or access plan 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

The other option is to charge an hourly rate, but that is rather open ended.

But then she’ll find out we’re all on £150 an hour ?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Just now, Martyn said:

The other option is to charge an hourly rate, but that is rather open ended.

Hi Martyn you probably right , if it was just the windows I probably would but with the conny as well , But its not big as you can imagine on a small Bungalow  

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Who much are you worth per hour is the obvious answer 

With respect, we can't see the condition of the aforementioned task in hand, we don't know your ability hourly rate or access plan 

True well I am Happy with 150 a day , I work from 9.30 to 12.30 with a Tea Break  , The Condition is not that bad at all to be fair but it is on the Market so that's why she wants it done . And Access Plan if you mean can i Reach all the windows and Guttering from the Floor the answer is Yes I am Slightly taller than a Hobbit 

Link to comment

I'd be very cautious on this one. She wants it restored "to new."  I'd be doubtful that's possible. If you clean it with strong products like upvc restorer will it also take any remaining shine off the plastic? How long will it take to do the job? How hard will you have to work? Will you get it to a standard that will satisfy both the customer and yourself? Will it cause you a lot of stress and effort that you could do without? What if you do all this hard work and she's not happy with the result and the price you would need to charge for the hard work and time?

One of the main reasons I chose to start my business was to reduce stress in making a living and another important reason was to have more freedom in choosing what work I was prepared to take on. I'm always wary of getting bogged down with jobs like this one and avoid any kind of restoration work because of the time, effort and unforeseeable results.

I can't make something old and weathered new again, anymore than I can make myself sixteen again. I get it as good as I can with a wash or soapwash but I don't want to lose sleep over someone hiring me to perform miracles. ?

 

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Mark75 said:

True well I am Happy with 150 a day , I work from 9.30 to 12.30 with a Tea Break  , The Condition is not that bad at all to be fair but it is on the Market so that's why she wants it done . And Access Plan if you mean can i Reach all the windows and Guttering from the Floor the answer is Yes I am Slightly taller than a Hobbit 

What's a tea break? 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Davy G said:

I'd be very cautious on this one. She wants it restored "to new."  I'd be doubtful that's possible. If you clean it with strong products like upvc restorer will it also take any remaining shine off the plastic? How long will it take to do the job? How hard will you have to work? Will you get it to a standard that will satisfy both the customer and yourself? Will it cause you a lot of stress and effort that you could do without? What if you do all this hard work and she's not happy with the result and the price you would need to charge for the hard work and time?

One of the main reasons I chose to start my business was to reduce stress in making a living and another important reason was to have more freedom in choosing what work I was prepared to take on. I'm always wary of getting bogged down with jobs like this one and avoid any kind of restoration work because of the time, effort and unforeseeable results.

I can't make something old and weathered new again, anymore than I can make myself sixteen again. I get it as good as I can with a wash or soapwash but I don't want to lose sleep over someone hiring me to perform miracles. ?

 

Hi Davy I know what you are saying,  I did explain to her I can make it look a lot better than it does , but not like brand new she seemed happy . I am hoping it will bring me some work in the road . But am still wary of people's expectations 

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

What's a tea break? 

I am still new to the game can not go all out without a break  I use to work in a office before  , I have to have elevenses at least to get me through 

Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Mark75 said:

I am still new to the game can not go all out without a break  I use to work in a office before  , I have to have elevenses at least to get me through 

Don't worry, I've about 3 a day! Sometimes 4 ?

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Mark75 said:

Thanks that gives me some idea now appreciate it Pjj

Very true its a road where they are nearly all Bungalows so hoping I pick up a few by Doing the work for her 

Hope they are not old windows with seals that weep!!.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Mark75 said:

I am Slightly taller than a Hobbit 

That would make you a Dwarf and slightly taller than me as I'm a Hobbit 

download.jpg

Edited by Iron Giant
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mike007 said:

Hope they are not old windows with seals that weep!!.

I know I can imagine me standing there all day while the seals drip out dirt non stop after being cleaned for the first time in 3 or 4 years 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Mark75 said:

I know I can imagine me standing there all day while the seals drip out dirt non stop after being cleaned for the first time in 3 or 4 years 

A regular custy of mine of around 15 years has really old white frames and they are black and grey with weeping seals the window frames look a mess every time I clean them, the only solution is to replace the windows but she doesn't want to and has been adamant for years she doesn't want to change them and they are on the front of the house 

Link to comment

If the rubber seals are perished and weep black crud over the frames then i wouldnt touch it.....

 

If not then you can do a great job of getting white UPVC frames up using CIF cream cleaner,WFP and  melamine foam(magic sponge)...

Link to comment

Also I'd charge 5 times as much as a normal window clean.so say I'd normally  charge £12 for a bungalow I'd want £60 and fully expect to clean it in an hour...?

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept