Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best suited van for my precise needs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Le coup de raclette.NET

Hello folks,

Currently I am using a 2019 VW Caddy Maxi Van with a roof rack for my interlocking ladders and I have a Grippatank hot water on-board system with a 400 liter tank and two electric reels.

I had chosen this type of vehicle because I wanted a vehicle that remains of an acceptable size to drive in the small streets and be able to find a parking space easily.

However, I must admit that I am a bit cramped with this type of vehicle size now.

Indeed, I would like to invest in a high ladder of type "Dirks DKGP0313 (3 x 13 steps)" which measures 4.55 meters when retracted.

For this I need clearly a longer vehicle than my VW Caddy Maxi Van...

I don't think I will take a tank larger than 600 liters because the idea is to save space in the van for other tools such as: backpack with trolley, SkyVac Industrial and my bucket for traditional window cleaning as well than my squeegees and microfibers.

Another element that is important for me is not to have a vehicle too high because I want to have easy accessibility to access the ladders on the roof rack.

The main flaw of my VW Caddy Maxi Van is that the trailer hitch tends to touch the ground when I am driving on too sloping ground or when climbing over a curb.

Which van model (s) do you advise me to go to?

Thanks in advance for your advices !

Gilles

The Renault Trafic, Nissan NV300, L2H1 will give you the room and carrying capacity you require but I don't know about the height issue. I can get the ladders off them but I'm nearly 2 metres tall.

There might be enough room in a Citreon Dispatch, Peugeot Expert, Vauxhall Vivaro new shape, and these are lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello folks,

Currently I am using a 2019 VW Caddy Maxi Van with a roof rack for my interlocking ladders and I have a Grippatank hot water on-board system with a 400 liter tank and two electric reels.

I had chosen this type of vehicle because I wanted a vehicle that remains of an acceptable size to drive in the small streets and be able to find a parking space easily.

However, I must admit that I am a bit cramped with this type of vehicle size now.

Indeed, I would like to invest in a high ladder of type "Dirks DKGP0313 (3 x 13 steps)" which measures 4.55 meters when retracted.

For this I need clearly a longer vehicle than my VW Caddy Maxi Van...

I don't think I will take a tank larger than 600 liters because the idea is to save space in the van for other tools such as: backpack with trolley, SkyVac Industrial and my bucket for traditional window cleaning as well than my squeegees and microfibers.

Another element that is important for me is not to have a vehicle too high because I want to have easy accessibility to access the ladders on the roof rack.

The main flaw of my VW Caddy Maxi Van is that the trailer hitch tends to touch the ground when I am driving on too sloping ground or when climbing over a curb.

Which van model (s) do you advise me to go to?

Thanks in advance for your advices !

Gilles
Citroën Peugeot dispatch expert is the next size up 

I do like the Merc Vito. It has proven a super reliable medium sized van in my ten or so years of ownership. I currently have two, one for work (2006) and one is a campervan (2009). They are easy to use for work. I carry masses of equipment and everything apart from the two heavy leisure batteries is reachable from either the side or rear doors without getting in the van. I rarely need to get to the batteries. I can reach to load and unload the two storey (13 steps x 2 sections ) ladder from the roof bars and I'm only about 5 ft 6 inches.

I don't feel qualified to recommend Vito above any make or model. I can only speak from my own experience of over ten years with the Vito being my work and private vehicles. I use a 650ltr Wyedale flat tank, two operators, two manual reels. I am running very high up on the legal payload. But most folk I'm fairly sure don't carry nearly as much equipment as we do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back