Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Freedom Reelmaster

Mikey

Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum, but definitely not new to window cleaning. I’ve been window cleaning now for coming up 25 years. For my first post, I was hoping for some advice please from those who have the Pure Freedom Reelmaster. I installed my new one last week, first time I’ve ever had an electric reel. It is brilliant for winding in, but just wondered if it was normal for it to be so hard to pull the hose out? I understand there might be more tension than a normal reel, but it really is quite hard to pull out. I’ve contacted Pure Freedom and they said the brake may still be on, which I’ve now took off using the electronic controller. In all honesty though it hasn’t made a lot of difference. Has anybody had a similar experience and if so was there anything that you did to improve it? Many Thanks 

It will have the brake on, I think you need to push both up and down arrows at the same time. If not give them a ring and they'll tell you how
Thanks, this is what they told me to do. But after repeatedly holding down both up and down together, nothing was coming up. Apparently “bra” should be displayed for “brake” and then you can turn it on and off. So they then advised I hold down the down and enter buttons together and when I did this, “on” was then displayed. I assumed this was possibly the brake so I turned it off, but it doesn’t seem to have improved. I’ll have to try them again I guess 

It will have the brake on, I think you need to push both up and down arrows at the same time. If not give them a ring and they'll tell you how
There is nothing in the instructions about this ?? Mine are the opposite they run to freely and over run wen pulling the hose out and a load of it is on the van floor ??? 

You just gotta get a feel for the reel and not pull to hard.
Tried that it’s to free running doesn’t matter how softly you pull the hose about 3-6 meters ends up on the van floor or sometimes it will go through the floor rollers , have been trying everything, never had this with any other reels , ???? but will speak to pf 

Tried that it’s to free running doesn’t matter how softly you pull the hose about 3-6 meters ends up on the van floor or sometimes it will go through the floor rollers , have been trying everything, never had this with any other reels , ???? but will speak to pf 
Keep us updated was thinking of maybe getting a PF reel next ? 

The overspin is a bloody pain and could be disastrous for tubless thru the floor rollers.

Funnily enough I was going to ask the exact same question but regarding an electric grippareel. I have just swapped over from a manual one. For those using floor rollers with an electrical reel, are you able to pull the hose round a corner or 2? Or do you need to pull it out straight then go round the corners? How much harder is it to unreel an electric reel? 

Keep us updated was thinking of maybe getting a PF reel next ? 

The overspin is a bloody pain and could be disastrous for tubless thru the floor rollers.
Spoke to PF today they have told me how to adjust the over run but it can be a bit fiddly and take a few attempts to get it right he said they might have to talk me through it , I haven’t got the time to be messing about with it and possibly making it worse or making it to hard to get the hose off at the moment so will live with it until I have a spare bit of time to fiddle ???

Funnily enough I was going to ask the exact same question but regarding an electric grippareel. I have just swapped over from a manual one. For those using floor rollers with an electrical reel, are you able to pull the hose round a corner or 2? Or do you need to pull it out straight then go round the corners? How much harder is it to unreel an electric reel? 
Depending on the make of reel there is very little difference in pulling the hose out 

I don't get this problem with Waterworks 3D. Just saying. ??

I agree I don’t get it with mine either and I have 6 of them !!!!!!
What you doing with them by the way? You going to sell them or keeping for now? I ask cause do you know Waterworks do a stacking kit now? Quoted me £250 + vat for the stacking parts, though it looks like it adds a lot of height!

You seen the new Ionic reels? Stainless steel and priced around the same as PF, Grippa, but stackable out the box and so don't need any extra kit to do so. I'm very tempted! 
Not seen them in the flesh but had there catalog sent through , my advice would be go with a proven product rather than a new to the market thing as there is bound to be problems there with something, the pure freedom reels have a reasonable history , my first experience with them was horrendous but the latest ones are very good just got to sort this overspooling out but I could live with it if I had to but am sure a bit of tinkering will solve it  , PF reels  have the fastest wind in of any reels that I have had and I have had all the popular brands .

What you doing with them by the way? You going to sell them or keeping for now? I ask cause do you know Waterworks do a stacking kit now? Quoted me £250 + vat for the stacking parts, though it looks like it adds a lot of height!
We are long term testing the latest version for water works with the alloy center spindles I have them in two vans and they are very good reels , not the fastest , and the torque isn’t great but they are a very good reel much better than another brand I could name . I have the pure freedom ones in my van they are awesome things very rapid hose retrieval , easy to pull hose out and well made sometimes there quality control is a bit questionable but this time round I cannot fault them . 

I will be selling some of the waterworks reels I have but hopefully already have people lined up for them .

I have the PowerUp reel chain driven I oiled the chain maybe 6 weeks or more ago and maybe a bit much so now the weather has warmed up and the oil is no doubt thinner I am getting the reel running more freely so end up have to pull a few meters off the reel when I return back to the van as a meter or so is loose on the reel, 

I never had this prior to putting some oil on the chain, my own doing but possibly an issue on other reels which are chain driven or similar and well oiled from new. 

I have the PowerUp reel chain driven I oiled the chain maybe 6 weeks or more ago and maybe a bit much so now the weather has warmed up and the oil is no doubt thinner I am getting the reel running more freely so end up have to pull a few meters off the reel when I return back to the van as a meter or so is loose on the reel, 

I never had this prior to putting some oil on the chain, my own doing but possibly an issue on other reels which are chain driven or similar and well oiled from new. 
I don't know if you're aware that there's a product called chain wax that's sold for motorcycles. It's non-drip and non-fling. You can buy it in an airosol can. It might be more stable and not quite as slippery.?

I don't know if you're aware that there's a product called chain wax that's sold for motorcycles. It's non-drip and non-fling. You can buy it in an airosol can. It might be more stable and not quite as slippery.?
That’s we use ?

We had this at the beginning but Waterworks sent me a overspin kit out stops overspin and can adjust the tension you require. ?

Cheers mate, although I might not need it 

We had this at the beginning but Waterworks sent me a overspin kit out stops overspin and can adjust the tension you require. ?
This over spin kit you speak of, on mine on the left hand side of the reel there is a bolt with a hex head which looks like if I turned it, it would maybe thread down onto the spindle, is this it?

Back