Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HOW TO GET COMMERCIAL REACH POLE WINDOW CLEANING CLIENTS

samwindowcleaner

Hi Guys 

New to the forum.

Looking to expand my window cleaning business to commercial clients. Any tips on where to start for clients such as Supermarkets, Petrol Garages, Car Showrooms etc?

Trying to get my foot in the door with commercial as well as Residential.

Many Thanks

Sam

Hi Guys 

New to the forum.

Looking to expand my window cleaning business to commercial clients. Any tips on where to start for clients such as Supermarkets, Petrol Garages, Car Showrooms etc?

Many Thanks

Sam
I'd go in talk to shop owner or the manager mate. Can only go n ask.

I would say, make sure your insurance is up to scratch, brush up on risk assessments, then knock on doors and leaflet any business you fancy targeting. Some businesses will have a head office somewhere and you won't stand a chance, others will be more 'local' and you might get a foot in.

Good luck!

Hi Guys 

New to the forum.

Many Thanks

Sam
Stick with Residential.You will probably make more.

National window cleaning companies have killed it off for retail,leisure,supermarkets,hotels etc.

The good stuff is getting harder and harder to find.

Hi Guys 

New to the forum.

Many Thanks

Sam
Good evening Sam.

Here's what I know as fact.

Stay away from all mainland UK Tesco superstores as they are all ran by NIC services Ltd and they contract all their window cleaning out to National window cleaning, the same applies to Express stores as they are cleaned in house and windows by national.

Sainsburys is the same but ran by Mitie 

Unsure about Morrisons, waitrose lidl & aldi 

You will struggle as nearly all national based outlets such as supermarkets, fuel stations and general non essential shops are all covered nationally by big companies you won't be able to compete with.

The independent retailers are the only avenue in my opinion.

I personally used to clean all the glass internal & external for tesco express covering the entire southwest of the country for 4 years, 2300 miles a week working on average between 60 & 80 hours a week on my own working 6 to 7 days.. lucky to still be alive 

Stick with residential mate ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys 

New to the forum.

Many Thanks

Sam
Wouldn’t bother with supermarkets waist of time , but car showrooms etc just go in there ask to speak to the general manager and see how it goes , they can only say no ???, it’s hard getting a foot on the commercial ladder but once you have the enquires will come to you not you having to chase them , that’s what I found we started with one hotel years ago we now have a couple of dozen really decent sized ones , try nursing homes , and care homes we have a lot of them as well and most are 6 weekly jobs and well paying . 

Wouldn’t bother with supermarkets waist of time , but car showrooms etc just go in there ask to speak to the general manager and see how it goes , they can only say no ???, it’s hard getting a foot on the commercial ladder but once you have the enquires will come to you not you having to chase them , that’s what I found we started with one hotel years ago we now have a couple of dozen really decent sized ones , try nursing homes , and care homes we have a lot of them as well and most are 6 weekly jobs and well paying . 
Commercial retail as you've clearly mentioned is an absolute massive waste of time. Literally £27 per store when broken down from the overall tender costings 

Back