Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Two week update

So after about 2 weeks and with 9 days  canvassing and dropping my business car through (wanted to do more but other work commitments). And between 1-4 hours a day, I’ve ended up with 21 customers! From fronts of bungalows to giant 4 bed houses ?. Most I have already cleaned, I’ve even had quite a few add on jobs as well! 

I’ve also found the secret weapon to canvassing...... bring the wife out with you. ?

So after about 2 weeks and with 9 days  canvassing and dropping my business car through (wanted to do more but other work commitments). And between 1-4 hours a day, I’ve ended up with 21 customers! From fronts of bungalows to giant 4 bed houses ?. Most I have already cleaned, I’ve even had quite a few add on jobs as well! 

I’ve also found the secret weapon to canvassing...... bring the wife out with you. ?
I wouldn't bother with the expense of business cards mate.

They are small and get misplaced 

Use basic A5 leaflets as they easily get seen on the door mat. 

You can then even do it quicker using a cooking spatula which was an old trick I learnt as a kid delivering takeaway leaflets 

Well done. So do you think you averaged 1 custy per hr of canvassing? Did you just put business car through or door knock to speak to people and if not in drop card?

Did you get the wife door knocking as well or was it just moral support?

I wouldn't bother with the expense of business cards mate.

They are small and get misplaced 

Use basic A5 leaflets as they easily get seen on the door mat. 

You can then even do it quicker using a cooking spatula which was an old trick I learnt as a kid delivering takeaway leaflets 
I was considering going down the leaflet root, but my mate works in graphic design and does design business cards/leaflets as well.

We decided to go for business cards they’re super bright and clear. And I thought they’d stand out a bit more and not get picked up with all the takeaway leaflets and thrown. ? I’ve probably had about 6/7 people contact me off of them. Thank you for the advice! 

Well done. So do you think you averaged 1 custy per hr of canvassing? Did you just put business car through or door knock to speak to people and if not in drop card?

Did you get the wife door knocking as well or was it just moral support?
I reckon the average is about that, 1 an hour. Some days I had no one interested, other days I’d get a couple. One day I even picked up 5 customers. Today I picked up 2 in 40 mins so it’s all swings and roundabouts. 

yeah I’d door knock and if they are not in I’d pop a card through, which I quite like to do. And the wife would be doing the exact same as me, knock on the door or just post. I think people find it quite endearing when they see her on the door ? 

i always have business cards on me when working for walk ups and get them to text me their address and details....ive picked up loads of jobs like this over the years.....sometimes they dont get back to me but most  do if their serious about having a window cleaning service......

@Rhys Window Cleaning sounds like you are doing very well.

I use A5 or A6 postcard size calling cards for walk ups, it has all my details on website etc and my first name, they are double sided so on the back it fully outlines the service I offer both cleaning, text reminder service and that I am fully insured. they are a bit flashy but they do the job very well so people know exactly the level of service I offer. 

What ever works, works and that's the beauty of been different and we all have different success rates across the UK as all areas are different as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quality job Rhys! At this rate you'll be set up with a big customer base before you know it. 

How are you organising the custys into when they will be cleaned mate? I'm curious. Just cleaning them as and when or offering regular appointments?

Keep it up mate. 

Quality job Rhys! At this rate you'll be set up with a big customer base before you know it. 

How are you organising the custys into when they will be cleaned mate? I'm curious. Just cleaning them as and when or offering regular appointments?

Keep it up mate. 
Thanks mate! I’m cleaning them as an when I can fit them in, usually in the mornings then the rest of the day spent with my other work or canvassing. I’m not booking them in after the first clean but rather just telling them I’ll see you in about 4/8 weeks time. I hope that answers your question. 

Latest Posts

Back