Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Are you using Hose Reels?

Herm

Hi, are people using hose reels for their pressure washers? If so, what type are you using? I can add one onto the pressure washer for an extra £250 and wasn't sure if this was a good/bad deal or I should be looking elsewhere? 

Thanks 

I bought one from Rutland Pumps but it cost nearly £500 I think. What a difference it makes, only thing is, its manual.

7 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I bought one from Rutland Pumps but it cost nearly £500 I think. What a difference it makes, only thing is, its manual.

I've been in touch with Ben at Rutlands and can add a reel to the PW for £250, just seemed a lot of money, though if that's the price and makes life a lot easier I may just have to get it. 

1 minute ago, Herm said:

I've been in touch with Ben at Rutlands and can add a reel to the PW for £250, just seemed a lot of money, though if that's the price and makes life a lot easier I may just have to get it. 

It’s a lot of money but is about the going rate for  a hose reel for pressure washer , if using it everyday it’s worth having one , we only do pressure as an add on and coil up the hose but a reel is a good investment. 

27 minutes ago, Pjj said:

It’s a lot of money but is about the going rate for  a hose reel for pressure washer , if using it everyday it’s worth having one , we only do pressure as an add on and coil up the hose but a reel is a good investment. 

Thanks. I'm really just starting out and buying the equipment I need as we speak. I currently have another job (self employed) which I set up 16 years ago, but need a new direction so going to give this a crack see what comes of it. 

1 hour ago, Herm said:

Hi, are people using hose reels for their pressure washers? If so, what type are you using? I can add one onto the pressure washer for an extra £250 and wasn't sure if this was a good/bad deal or I should be looking elsewhere? 

Thanks 

Me personally. Had one years ago and it kept "training" the hose into coils when unwound. Also the the seals in the high pressure swivels never lasted or the broke or snapped from their mounting plate brackets 

If you want to look at hose reels check out dual pumps online and you can even order a new thick catalogue and price list from them.

They are pretty much a main supplier to the industry 

https://www.dualpumps.co.uk/groups/MANHSHP__Manual_Hose_Reels_Up_to_400_Bar

Edited by Apw1210
10 hours ago, Herm said:

I think the £250 one isn't up to much, someone on here had one and if fell to bits. The one you want is the one below, I have it, fantastic.

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/pa-t52-100m-300-bar-38-hose-reel.html

2 hours ago, Herm said:

Thank you, it's not showing a price, could you tell me how much it is? is it attached to your PW or just in your van? 

I just bolted it on to 18mm plywood and then bolted the plywood onto my PW frame. Think I paid £500 for it and they gave me a metre hose to connect to my washer.

pwreel (2).jpg

4 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I just bolted it on to 18mm plywood and then bolted the plywood onto my PW frame. Think I paid £500 for it and they gave me a metre hose to connect to my washer.

pwreel (2).jpg

thanks! Damn, £500 I was bulking at £250 lol... Maybe it's something I'll work towards if a few jobs come in. I have a budget of around £2500 to get me started so it may have to wait a little while.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Herm said:

thanks! Damn, £500 I was bulking at £250 lol... Maybe it's something I'll work towards if a few jobs come in. I have a budget of around £2500 to get me started so it may have to wait a little while.

Buy quality kit but the minimum you need to do a good job. PW season is NOW so get going as quick if you can.

I had 70m of hose on my reel at one point but now I think I have 40m and 30m in my mothers hut. ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I had 70m of hose on my reel at one point but now I think I have 40m and 30m in my mothers hut. ?

?

I'm going for 40m I think to start off with, 2x20 , I see Rutlands offer the same reel but for 50m and not 100m  and it's quite a but cheaper, I'm thinking this might be the one I go for tomorrow.

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/pa-t50-50m-300-bar-38-hose-reel.html

Edited by Herm
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, Herm said:

?

I'm going for 40m I think to start off with, 2x20 , I see Rutlands offer the same reel but for 50m and not 100m  and it's quite a but cheaper, I'm thinking this might be the one I go for tomorrow.

https://www.rutlandpumps.com/pa-t50-50m-300-bar-38-hose-reel.html

I would probably get that one now as 50m hose is more than enough for what I do.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.