Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are you using Hose Reels?

Herm

Hi, are people using hose reels for their pressure washers? If so, what type are you using? I can add one onto the pressure washer for an extra £250 and wasn't sure if this was a good/bad deal or I should be looking elsewhere? 

Thanks 

I bought one from Rutland Pumps but it cost nearly £500 I think. What a difference it makes, only thing is, its manual.
I've been in touch with Ben at Rutlands and can add a reel to the PW for £250, just seemed a lot of money, though if that's the price and makes life a lot easier I may just have to get it. 

I've been in touch with Ben at Rutlands and can add a reel to the PW for £250, just seemed a lot of money, though if that's the price and makes life a lot easier I may just have to get it. 
It’s a lot of money but is about the going rate for  a hose reel for pressure washer , if using it everyday it’s worth having one , we only do pressure as an add on and coil up the hose but a reel is a good investment. 

It’s a lot of money but is about the going rate for  a hose reel for pressure washer , if using it everyday it’s worth having one , we only do pressure as an add on and coil up the hose but a reel is a good investment. 
Thanks. I'm really just starting out and buying the equipment I need as we speak. I currently have another job (self employed) which I set up 16 years ago, but need a new direction so going to give this a crack see what comes of it. 

Hi, are people using hose reels for their pressure washers? If so, what type are you using? I can add one onto the pressure washer for an extra £250 and wasn't sure if this was a good/bad deal or I should be looking elsewhere? 

Thanks 
Me personally. Had one years ago and it kept "training" the hose into coils when unwound. Also the the seals in the high pressure swivels never lasted or the broke or snapped from their mounting plate brackets 

If you want to look at hose reels check out dual pumps online and you can even order a new thick catalogue and price list from them.

They are pretty much a main supplier to the industry 

https://www.dualpumps.co.uk/groups/MANHSHP__Manual_Hose_Reels_Up_to_400_Bar

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bolted it on to 18mm plywood and then bolted the plywood onto my PW frame. Think I paid £500 for it and they gave me a metre hose to connect to my washer.

View attachment 24310
thanks! Damn, £500 I was bulking at £250 lol... Maybe it's something I'll work towards if a few jobs come in. I have a budget of around £2500 to get me started so it may have to wait a little while.

thanks! Damn, £500 I was bulking at £250 lol... Maybe it's something I'll work towards if a few jobs come in. I have a budget of around £2500 to get me started so it may have to wait a little while.
Buy quality kit but the minimum you need to do a good job. PW season is NOW so get going as quick if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back