Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Electronics Help


Apw1210

Recommended Posts

A very good evening all.

I have listened to the views of my fellow forum members and produced a in depth custom video covering wiring connectors & connections 

 

A two part video showing a variety of common wiring connectors that I use and recommend and also how to establish a good secure connection when working with electronics such as installing a new flow controller or wiring a pump in a faulty backpack system. 

 

Both video's can be found on my YouTube channel AW Services 

 

I hope it's a beneficial guide for those of you that have raised some valid points & concerns 

Link to comment

Great idea, well done. I wonder if it would be worth a vid on basic use of a voltmeter to fault find? Sorry to keep suggesting more vids but there is very little for people to view geared towards wfp electronics/electrical systems any you explain thing in a nice simple way. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, ched999uk said:

Great idea, well done. I wonder if it would be worth a vid on basic use of a voltmeter to fault find? Sorry to keep suggesting more vids but there is very little for people to view geared towards wfp electronics/electrical systems any you explain thing in a nice simple way. 

Thank you for your comment and support ched. 

Yes a continuity test and basic fault finding would be a great subject and cover the basics of fault finding broken rotted connections 

Blown fuses 

Switch faults 

Cable tracing etc 

I'll do one ASAP 

 

Austin 

Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Thank you for your comment and support ched. 

Yes a continuity test and basic fault finding would be a great subject and cover the basics of fault finding broken rotted connections 

Blown fuses 

Switch faults 

Cable tracing etc 

I'll do one ASAP 

 

Austin 

Don't rush mate, you need time for you and to do things that make you happy. 

Not sure if it's my laptop but your intro music seems a bit high volume compared to your speech. Great to see different connection methods show nice and straight forward.

One thing that might help more people find your vids is the titles. i.e. if you are looking to help the wfp crowd then maybe add wfp to the title. Obviously if you are looking to help a wider market then wfp probable wont help ?  

Nice simple instructional vid, well done. I bet that took a reasonable amount of planning and thought.

Edited by ched999uk
Link to comment
10 hours ago, ched999uk said:

Don't rush mate, you need time for you and to do things that make you happy. 

Not sure if it's my laptop but your intro music seems a bit high volume compared to your speech. Great to see different connection methods show nice and straight forward.

One thing that might help more people find your vids is the titles. i.e. if you are looking to help the wfp crowd then maybe add wfp to the title. Obviously if you are looking to help a wider market then wfp probable wont help ?  

Nice simple instructional vid, well done. I bet that took a reasonable amount of planning and thought.

It took 5 mins to plan. Have many camera mounts from film production work so I used a manfrotto super clamp on the workshop ceiling truss with a drop bar so the camera was framed over the work which made it clear.

I had a big box or spares to hand and made it up as I went along. 

No dry run

No script 

Just experience and knowing what the final product should be.

It did take 8 hours for the video to publish, filmed in 4k 60fps and downscaling to 1080 for YouTube 

 

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept