Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Electronics Help

Apw1210

A very good evening all.

I have listened to the views of my fellow forum members and produced a in depth custom video covering wiring connectors & connections 

A two part video showing a variety of common wiring connectors that I use and recommend and also how to establish a good secure connection when working with electronics such as installing a new flow controller or wiring a pump in a faulty backpack system. 

Both video's can be found on my YouTube channel AW Services 

I hope it's a beneficial guide for those of you that have raised some valid points & concerns 

Great idea, well done. I wonder if it would be worth a vid on basic use of a voltmeter to fault find? Sorry to keep suggesting more vids but there is very little for people to view geared towards wfp electronics/electrical systems any you explain thing in a nice simple way. 

1 hour ago, ched999uk said:

Great idea, well done. I wonder if it would be worth a vid on basic use of a voltmeter to fault find? Sorry to keep suggesting more vids but there is very little for people to view geared towards wfp electronics/electrical systems any you explain thing in a nice simple way. 

Thank you for your comment and support ched. 

Yes a continuity test and basic fault finding would be a great subject and cover the basics of fault finding broken rotted connections 

Blown fuses 

Switch faults 

Cable tracing etc 

I'll do one ASAP 

Austin 

54 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Thank you for your comment and support ched. 

Yes a continuity test and basic fault finding would be a great subject and cover the basics of fault finding broken rotted connections 

Blown fuses 

Switch faults 

Cable tracing etc 

I'll do one ASAP 

Austin 

Don't rush mate, you need time for you and to do things that make you happy. 

Not sure if it's my laptop but your intro music seems a bit high volume compared to your speech. Great to see different connection methods show nice and straight forward.

One thing that might help more people find your vids is the titles. i.e. if you are looking to help the wfp crowd then maybe add wfp to the title. Obviously if you are looking to help a wider market then wfp probable wont help ?  

Nice simple instructional vid, well done. I bet that took a reasonable amount of planning and thought.

Edited by ched999uk
10 hours ago, ched999uk said:

Don't rush mate, you need time for you and to do things that make you happy. 

Not sure if it's my laptop but your intro music seems a bit high volume compared to your speech. Great to see different connection methods show nice and straight forward.

One thing that might help more people find your vids is the titles. i.e. if you are looking to help the wfp crowd then maybe add wfp to the title. Obviously if you are looking to help a wider market then wfp probable wont help ?  

Nice simple instructional vid, well done. I bet that took a reasonable amount of planning and thought.

It took 5 mins to plan. Have many camera mounts from film production work so I used a manfrotto super clamp on the workshop ceiling truss with a drop bar so the camera was framed over the work which made it clear.

I had a big box or spares to hand and made it up as I went along. 

No dry run

No script 

Just experience and knowing what the final product should be.

It did take 8 hours for the video to publish, filmed in 4k 60fps and downscaling to 1080 for YouTube 

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.