Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Caustic or non caustic?

ShropsWindowCleaner

I did a gutter and fascia job yesterday. Never had an issue with one in nearly 18 years. Always used Citrosol to good effect. However, this house was on a busy road. As you can see from the picture, the underside of the gutter had black marks which WOULD NOT BUDGE! I used Citrosol, Cif, and even non caustic TFR. Nothing worked. Do i need to use a caustic TFR? What is the difference? 

Thanks in advance.

43A37201-BB71-4956-8BBC-E0302311BDBB.jpeg

Don’t think a caustic cleaner will make any difference , I would try some hypo to see if that would bleach it ??? Is it lime scale by any chance , some things just cannot be removed .  

Don’t think a caustic cleaner will make any difference , I would try some hypo to see if that would bleach it ??? Is it lime scale by any chance , some things just cannot be removed .  
I’ve seen hypo mentioned a few times now. What is it? Thanks for the replies all! Very helpful ????

Iam  hy jacking this post as i have a related question please. Custy has long boarded facia from apex to above 1st floor windows(sorry cant supply photo at present)The boards are vertical I clean it  with  Ubick,fine but at the bottom its a bit greyish where the ubick hasnt managed to shift the staining .Pitty really as the rest o it is white would it be a good idea to use some house hold bleach neat by hand as Hypo is normally far stronger of which i dont have any way.Thanks

Iam  hy jacking this post as i have a related question please. Custy has long boarded facia from apex to above 1st floor windows(sorry cant supply photo at present)The boards are vertical I clean it  with  Ubick,fine but at the bottom its a bit greyish where the ubick hasnt managed to shift the staining .Pitty really as the rest o it is white would it be a good idea to use some house hold bleach neat by hand as Hypo is normally far stronger of which i dont have any way.Thanks
Try the flash with bleach spray that you buy at Tesco for £1 a bottle it’s kitchen cleaner this will usually remove any staining without causing damage , if using industrial sodium hypochlorite then dilute it 6 or 7 to 1 .

Try the flash with bleach spray that you buy at Tesco for £1 a bottle it’s kitchen cleaner this will usually remove any staining without causing damage , if using industrial sodium hypochlorite then dilute it 6 or 7 to 1 .
Thanks PJ.Who famously uses a converted P/F trolly as a preferance toa tank system please  on this site  is it you? Thanks

Thanks PJ.Who famously uses a converted P/F trolly as a preferance toa tank system please  on this site  is it you? Thanks
Yes I have built a couple of softwashing  machines I quite enjoy doing it , sometimes depending on the size of the job a  trolly  with a few barrels of mix is easier and quicker , rather than dragging hoses around houses .

Did you put a back pack  pump instead of the shure flow?I have a standard P/F trolly not the nano could you advise me please  on how much pole hose i can run,instead of the mimi bore thats on there.I have a sure flow and standard batt.Yours must be a lot lighter?Also please the last pole hose i bought was exceed P U ,along with a hoseless set up.it was great at first very manageable,but the last couple of months ,its been a bit of a ******* coiling and tangleing,due to age i suppose.Would i be better of reverting to Gardiners all season for my trolly upgrade ,for this very reason.Thank you

Back