Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One of today’s plastic cleans

Pjj

Premium Member
We cleaned the gfs and windows on this bungalow today not been cleaned in years ,it was badly stained by old age ( gone grey) and lots of algi , decided to clean it with a hypo mix , came up almost like new obviously some staining that you cannot remove hear and there but customer was delighted , it’s now booked in for an annual clean , I did try and sell them a softwash on the whole place but weren’t to keen , hopefully next year they will have it done . 

97B281FD-D11A-4D97-8667-257FDFCE009E.jpeg

89D5E7C9-5269-4519-9BA6-1556975E679F.jpeg

FAE416E7-5C98-4F66-A348-E6E2C3E0F339.jpeg

7A7C4F54-9328-4502-9144-7CCD305ECEB6.jpeg

3EDAE272-9FF6-4B0A-8A6F-C72701E33503.jpeg

3CD74A01-27C8-413E-8431-9CD3A8095195.jpeg

150B9752-196D-42B3-9A66-5E2ED0E2259D.jpeg

61EA05C1-9ED2-4662-96AA-E2305E5C60CB.jpeg

Been doing row of houses over last few weeks and most want gfs done, haven't been done in 30 years these, absolute state of them. Working over conservatories and extentions too ffs. 

I've never seen such bad stains, so neglected even the ones I could manage to get up to and do it by hand I couldn't remove some of the crusty grey and black stains. I have never tried a hypo mix on gfs but I reckon I'll have to give it a go for the more stubborn stains. 

I like this result a lot - one thing I have to ask is when you do these soffits how do you avoid the inevitable splash down getting in ya face ? I don’t mind a few gallons of degreaser on the head but hypo ain’t too nice as we all know. Great result looks mint 

I like this result a lot - one thing I have to ask is when you do these soffits how do you avoid the inevitable splash down getting in ya face ? I don’t mind a few gallons of degreaser on the head but hypo ain’t too nice as we all know. Great result looks mint 
Stand back when spraying and don’t stand under the gfs when scrubbing or rinsing you will always get the odd drip on you but nothing to bad we ware a face mask when spraying if it’s going to go on us 

Stand back when spraying and don’t stand under the gfs when scrubbing or rinsing you will always get the odd drip on you but nothing to bad we ware a face mask when spraying if it’s going to go on us 
I'm used to hypo in my eyes now lol.

Feels like I've spent a day swimming ?

Nice finish, what mix rate of hypho or just standard 14% and do you use a wfp to sray, looking to gutter cleaning to our patio and drive cleaning service  (just bough the skyvac atom)

Nice finish, what mix rate of hypho or just standard 14% and do you use a wfp to sray, looking to gutter cleaning to our patio and drive cleaning service  (just bough the skyvac atom)
You can spray 14% on if you want but you'll turn it all bright orange for weeks.

I use a 1-1.5% mix and no stronger.

That would be 2.5l of 15% hypo and topped up with water to fill a 25l drum.

That will kill everything and not stain the upvc.

No you don’t  want to use neat hypo on plastics it will turn it brown, we put 3 ltr of hypo into a 20 or 25 ltr of water then spray it on the gutters from a backpack or trolly 

Back