Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking a new vans

Do any off use lease or finance a new van or buy them out right 

looking at getting a bran spanner with all the bells and whistles 
Sod the never never, finance, lease NO THANKS 

I paid cash for all my vans, l legally own them.

Finance Is okay if you pass the credit background checks and then great for times when you are going under because your business has gone tats up and they can't touch your van.

You don't have to buy brand new, just budget for 3 grand and above

Plenty of threads on vans if you use the search magnifying glass icon at the top of the home page.

Can't give you any further advice as I don't know your immediate needs, size of system payload requirements etc

Then theses insurance..... 

Already have 2 vans I own just thinking about buying a bran new one 

That’s what I’m going do mate after the new  Renault traffic  
Wouldn't waste your money when you can get a second hand immaculate traffic with approximately 58k on the clock for 10-20k 

Depreciation is massive 

You'll get a ding which will break your heart 

And You'll be buzzing holes into the floor 

That's my opinion 

I got a second hand Expert, 18 plate. On HP finance. Couldn’t afford to buy out right. HP so it’s mine at the end with no ballon payment. My last van was the same. I sold it for what I owed on it when the time came (I had to settle first to remove the finance flag). 

Wouldn't waste your money when you can get a second hand immaculate traffic with approximately 58k on the clock for 10-20k 

Depreciation is massive 

You'll get a ding which will break your heart 

And You'll be buzzing holes into the floor 

That's my opinion 
I was looking, again, for a decently priced 2 / 3.yr old van and 2yr old Van's with 30K on the clock were circa £18K.

I've ordered a brand new Trafic, Business Plus for £20407 OTR. So for an extra £2.5K, and a 6 week wait, I've got a van that hasn't been abused an an extra 2yr warranty.

We have got to add the cost of a van into our work or we end up with big bills to pay when they break. The price of delivery has doubled from merchants I have been told and they want the wooden pallets back if unbroken. My merchant's had 7000 fencing slats on Thursday and on Friday they had 3000 left, probably all gone by tomorrow. A pound from every window clean should be collected to pay for our van and fuel. I'm £1200 on diesel, £400 insurance, £300 road tax, mot & service £200 a year plus money for repairs and tyres. In the end it all has to be paid for.

The last van I bought cost me 5.5k only two years ago. Looking at the vans within driving distance, about 8-9k is the cheapest, for the age and millage I would accept.

Hoping once things are moving again, and the dealers see a bit more stock coming through their hands, the prices will come down, if not I would consider just buying new also.

The last van I bought cost me 5.5k only two years ago. Looking at the vans within driving distance, about 8-9k is the cheapest, for the age and millage I would accept.

Hoping once things are moving again, and the dealers see a bit more stock coming through their hands, the prices will come down, if not I would consider just buying new also.
Alot of dealers here in Devon don't have much stock as most we brought at the beginning of lockdown Last year to build overland camper vans

Prices off vans are through the roof. there’s no such thing of a cheap van now 

I though all windows cleaners were on £500+ a day. ?

Just get a new one. The monthly payment will be covered just after lunch on the first day of the month.  

Or Land Rover make a nice Defender 110 hardtop commercial. That should be within easy reach too.??

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit off topic but I've been looking for a decent van to turn into a Campervan. Hoping for a Transit Custom but the prices are just ?

I picked up my Vivaro works van a few years ago for £7k with 47k miles on the clock ex AA. Can't get nowhere near that now. Hopefully prices will fall soon...ish. I'm not holding my breath.

Are van prices still really high? I’ve been looking for a new van but can’t remember what price they were before!
It mainly seems like the medium and small vans are stupid high but the really big vans up towards 3.5t and above seem to be proportionally cheaper!

Back