450 GPD Reverse Osmosis System.

We flush weekly for about 30 minutes, just don't put first 20 litres through DI as the TDS will be very high. Search site for TDS creep

19 minutes ago, ppads52 said:

hi chaps, do i flush this system for the recommended 15 mins every time before use?

Our water isn't too bad and doesn't contain much calcium unless you live in Hartlepool or vicinity.

I used to flush my 450gpd r/o once a week for 5 minutes if I remembered. The membranes lasted 6 years. I can't remember when I last flushed my 4040. The membrane is going on 9 years old (fitted July 2012) with a rejection rate of 97%.

I flush mine for 10 minutes first thing in the morning and 5 minutes last thing at night, my membranes last approx 2-3 years.

(high TDS area)

Edited by Daftoldgit
added extra sentence
On 26/04/2021 at 18:41, ppads52 said:

hi chaps, do i flush this system for the recommended 15 mins every time before use?

just like to thank you all for the positive help, really appreciate it