Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner pole dilemma

Daftoldgit

I'm after a carbon pole to replace an old CLX 22 (With 2 extra sections, so, so a CLX 31  I suppose..)

The 2 large extra sections are in pretty good condition, unlike the other sections which are worn out now

Question is, if I buy a SLX 22 can I add the two base sections off the CLX to get a SLX- CLX pole?

The dimensions look the same, the weight seems very similar, and the pole flex seems to happen mainly on the thinner sections rather than the base sections, so if its possible, will the setup be actually any worse than a full SLX?

Or is it best just to get all SLX?

I'm after a carbon pole to replace an old CLX 22 (With 2 extra sections, so, so a CLX 31  I suppose..)

The 2 large extra sections are in pretty good condition, unlike the other sections which are worn out now

Question is, if I buy a SLX 22 can I add the two base sections off the CLX to get a SLX- CLX pole?

The dimensions look the same, the weight seems very similar, and the pole flex seems to happen mainly on the thinner sections rather than the base sections, so if its possible, will the setup be actually any worse than a full SLX?

Ime sure @Alex Gardiner will be able to advise ???

Yes you can use an SLX22 with the extensions from the CLX - this should work fine.

It will not be quite as rigid as a full SLX, but it will be noticeably better than your current CLX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can use an SLX22 with the extensions from the CLX - this should work fine.

It will not be quite as rigid as a full SLX, but it will be noticeably better than your current CLX.
I was told by your office that my warranty would be voided if I did this because they are not designed to be used together this as they are different materials.

I was told by your office that my warranty would be voided if I did this because they are not designed to be used together this as they are different materials.
Below is from gardiners, 

As they didn’t have slx xt in stock 

Any CLX extension can technically be used on an SLX pole. The CLX extensions only go up to #7 in any case so, although they will not be as rigid, they would not be dangerous. While we would not necessarily recommend this option due to the loss of rigidity, it would not affect the warranty on the pole.

As the SLX 25 is a 5 section pole, you could use the #6 CLX extension.

If you have any further queries, please reply to this e-mail and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Below is from gardiners, 

As they didn’t have slx xt in stock 

Any CLX extension can technically be used on an SLX pole. The CLX extensions only go up to #7 in any case so, although they will not be as rigid, they would not be dangerous. While we would not necessarily recommend this option due to the loss of rigidity, it would not affect the warranty on the pole.

As the SLX 25 is a 5 section pole, you could use the #6 CLX extension.

If you have any further queries, please reply to this e-mail and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

I’m not disputing this, I’m just going by what I was told around 12 months ago. Seems they have either changed their stance, or not everyone in the office is giving the same information.

Hi Moor - can you remember who told you this? Was it in an email or on the phone?

The most they should have said is that this would not be ideal and we would not recommend due to the loss of rigidity, it would not affect the warranty on the pole.

Hi Moor - can you remember who told you this? Was it in an email or on the phone?

The most they should have said is that this would not be ideal and we would not recommend due to the loss of rigidity, it would not affect the warranty on the pole.
Hi Alex, sorry I don’t, it was some ago.

@Alex GardinerI saw something on the website then disappeared. Have you something new coming out ?
We manufacture poles for several different industries around the world. Because of this we have whole categories that can only be seen by certain sectors once logged in. It was one of these categories that you accidentally saw (although could not link to) as a visibility setting had inadvertently been changed ?

So no new product for window cleaning........yet ?

We manufacture poles for several different industries around the world. Because of this we have whole categories that can only be seen by certain sectors once logged in. It was one of these categories that you accidentally saw (although could not link to) as a visibility setting had inadvertently been changed ?

So no new product for window cleaning........yet ?
Alex are you bringing out a 35cm extreme stiff brush soon?

Back