Facelift compact 325 & x-line 350 diy

Do any of you guys own one of these 2 systems I’m on the fence wich one to go with the facelift one works out a lot cheaper when taking into account the shipping and hose and real but has 25lt Less capacity and I’m wondering how much water is unusable in the bottom of the tank with it being a flat tank design.

any real live users input would be really appreciated 🍺

8 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Stick 2 x 25l drums of pure in the van just incase.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking normally I only use 250lt 280 at the outside but would rather be on the safe side 👍

7 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

2x motorhome chock ramps will solve that 

That’s a great idea I’ve actually got a set aswell, never even thought of that 🍺

Then compact are sort of  hybrid between a lay flat and upright tank if you think your need more than 325l why not buy the 425l fir £100 more?

2 hours ago, Andy1979 said:

That’s a great idea I’ve actually got a set aswell, never even thought of that 🍺

This trade requires alot of thinking outside of the box. You won't get ripped off or stuck when a problem needs solving 

1 minute ago, Apw1210 said:

This trade requires alot of thinking outside of the box. You won't get ripped off or stuck when a problem needs solving 

Very   true sometimes a simple adjustment makes all the difference tk the working day 

10 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

2x motorhome chock ramps will solve that 

How do you secure the tank safely with a couple of chock ramps underneath it?

2 minutes ago, Cookie said:

How do you secure the tank safely with a couple of chock ramps underneath it?

The clue motorhome chock ramps go under the wheels haha 

Best-Levelling-Ramps-for-Caravans-and-Motorhomes.jpg

Edited by Apw1210
44 minutes ago, Den said:

Then compact are sort of  hybrid between a lay flat and upright tank if you think your need more than 325l why not buy the 425l fir £100 more?

325l should be fine I normally use around 250l was just thinking how much unusable water would be left in the bottom of the tank due to the design of it.

i would have gone for the 425l but I’ve just brought a new van and it has a fold down front seat and drop down door section in the bulkhead so you can put long items in such a pipe and wood, I’m always doing diy so would like to be able to use that feature. The 425l would be to wide to be able to open the door hatch 👍

11 minutes ago, Andy1979 said:

325l should be fine I normally use around 250l was just thinking how much unusable water would be left in the bottom of the tank due to the design of it.

i would have gone for the 425l but I’ve just brought a new van and it has a fold down front seat and drop down door section in the bulkhead so you can put long items in such a pipe and wood, I’m always doing diy so would like to be able to use that feature. The 425l would be to wide to be able to open the door hatch 👍

I have had the 325l system and I honestly like it never had a problem with low water issues but My work is very local so I can pop home and top up if need 👍 If your budget can stretch get the electric reel upgrade. 

12 minutes ago, Den said:

Thanks mate I’ve already got a power up reel In my old van that will be going on it 👍

30 minutes ago, Andy1979 said:

Lol you will have to give me some lessons I used 750 ltr  of water on my own yesterday 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Lol you will have to give me some lessons I used 750 ltr  of water on my own yesterday 😂😂😂

😂 your probably doing a lot more work than me I’m getting too old and knackered for big days I work part time days and hours 🤣