BEST GLUE/ADHESIVE FOR PLASTIC TO GLASS

hi chaps,  im looking for recommendations for a quick setting glue/adhesive for sticking  plastic bars back onto the glass windows, the kind that make the georgian bar look. ive tried superglue but it wasnt much good, someone recommended pinkgrip from screwfix.

13 minutes ago, ppads52 said:

hi chaps,  im looking for recommendations for a quick setting glue/adhesive for sticking  plastic bars back onto the glass windows, the kind that make the georgian bar look. ive tried superglue but it wasnt much good, someone recommended pinkgrip from screwfix.

Polyurethane or expoy

Just now, Apw1210 said:

Polyurethane or expoy, why on earth did you use superglue? Did you not think to call a glazing company for advice or research adhesives and bonding agents?

7 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Get yourself a long roll of what ever diameter the plastic is you want to stick and Use 3M VHB 3mm tape with reflective heat differentials you may find most glues fail

28 minutes ago, ppads52 said:

The joys of cleaning Astragals, I just inform custy's now that at some time they will fall off and when they do I don't repair them. Absolute PITA and will only do them if I get them to agree to it.

43 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

tbf the customer asked me to try it

44 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:
46 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Polyurethane or expoy, why on earth did you use superglue? Did you not think to call a glazing company for advice or research adhesives and bonding agents?

5 minutes ago, ppads52 said:

You are taking on a job that many would walk away from. 

42 minutes ago, Martyn said:

They are assembled with some sort of double sided tape.

i must of tried the wrong tape, research time i think

5 minutes ago, ppads52 said:

i must of tried the wrong tape, research time i think

Tell the customer we spend years and alot of money removing 5hite from glass and they must be stupid as to stick rubbish on it.

Quick setting glue will not work

If you ain't knocked them off, I wouldn't be chewing on trying to stick them on for the custy because if they ain't happy with the look from inside, they will be moaning about you and telling whoever calls around their house. 

3M double sided tape is Best Buy it from motor accessories shops it comes in 10 meter rolls and a variety of widths I find 10 mm is a useful size 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

If you ain't knocked them off, I wouldn't be chewing on trying to stick them on for the custy because if they ain't happy with the look from inside, they will be moaning about you and telling whoever calls around their house. 

it was my fault

13 minutes ago, Pjj said:

3M double sided tape is Best Buy it from motor accessories shops it comes in 10 meter rolls and a variety of widths I find 10 mm is a useful size 

thanks for that, ill have a google

1 minute ago, ppads52 said:

it was my fault

Shame, I remember a custy sacking me off about 12 years ago after having these type of windows fitted after the window firm told her wfp cleaners where too heavy handed and if the bars got knocked they wouldn't be covered for repairs on them.

On my round there are two houses where this is happening, on one the windows have been in for many years and it is only happening on two first floor windows. The other house the windows are only two or three years old and it is happening with two of them. A close inspection of one of the bars suggests that it might be cut fractionally long.