Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

BEST GLUE/ADHESIVE FOR PLASTIC TO GLASS

ppads52

hi chaps,  im looking for recommendations for a quick setting glue/adhesive for sticking  plastic bars back onto the glass windows, the kind that make the georgian bar look. ive tried superglue but it wasnt much good, someone recommended pinkgrip from screwfix.

hi chaps,  im looking for recommendations for a quick setting glue/adhesive for sticking  plastic bars back onto the glass windows, the kind that make the georgian bar look. ive tried superglue but it wasnt much good, someone recommended pinkgrip from screwfix.
Polyurethane or expoy

Get yourself a long roll of what ever diameter the plastic is you want to stick and Use 3M VHB 3mm tape with reflective heat differentials you may find most glues fail

The joys of cleaning Astragals, I just inform custy's now that at some time they will fall off and when they do I don't repair them. Absolute PITA and will only do them if I get them to agree to it.

If you ain't knocked them off, I wouldn't be chewing on trying to stick them on for the custy because if they ain't happy with the look from inside, they will be moaning about you and telling whoever calls around their house. 

3M double sided tape is Best Buy it from motor accessories shops it comes in 10 meter rolls and a variety of widths I find 10 mm is a useful size 

it was my fault
Shame, I remember a custy sacking me off about 12 years ago after having these type of windows fitted after the window firm told her wfp cleaners where too heavy handed and if the bars got knocked they wouldn't be covered for repairs on them.

On my round there are two houses where this is happening, on one the windows have been in for many years and it is only happening on two first floor windows. The other house the windows are only two or three years old and it is happening with two of them. A close inspection of one of the bars suggests that it might be cut fractionally long.

Back