Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First time WFP & backpack advice needed please.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nick73

I'm a trad cleaner looking ta add a WFP to my kit.

I'm keen on investing is a Streamline Ova8 24T & a suitable backpack like a Gardiner V3 22ltr so i can reach the town houses I am currently not able to scale with a ladder, any tips/advice then I'm keen to hear from the gurus on here as to better my plan of new kit.

Thanks all 

I'm a trad cleaner looking ta add a WFP to my kit.

I'm keen on investing is a Streamline Ova8 24T & a suitable backpack like a Gardiner V3 22ltr so i can reach the town houses I am currently not able to scale with a ladder, any tips/advice then I'm keen to hear from the gurus on here as to better my plan of new kit.

Thanks all 
I'd get a backpack on order now as there has been quite a delay in stock replenishment and so many other chaps want or need one.

What do you have planned for your pure water storage as you'll demand increases you'll need more. 

Do you live in an area with a spotless water filling station within 20mins away? 

I'd get yourself a heavy duty 20mm steel tubular construction set of sack trucks.

Not £20 amazon or ebay aluminium so called heavy duty folding as they will snap very quickly. Aim to spend around £30-45 on a decent set.

The Handy brand of folding sack truck are the best ever made and also Sealey tools have the same version as their own brand 

Do you have a back up contingency plan for an additional pole just incase you snap yours trying to close an upper window for the first time or the dog eats it. 

Gardiners back pack is a good choice I would also get one of there poles depending on what you want to spend get the clx it’s a hybrid which means it’s carbon and fibreglass , a little bit hippy and a bit heavier than an slx which is a full carbon pole , then all you need is a bit of pole hose and a few fittings , if you email Gardiners they will phone you back and talk you through what you need , there prices are reasonable and very good customer service . 

Gardiners back pack is a good choice I would also get one of there poles depending on what you want to spend get the clx it’s a hybrid which means it’s carbon and fibreglass , a little bit hippy and a bit heavier than an slx which is a full carbon pole , then all you need is a bit of pole hose and a few fittings , if you email Gardiners they will phone you back and talk you through what you need , there prices are reasonable and very good customer service . 
I will call them on Friday, great advice thankyou

I'd get a little fold away trolley and bungee strap too so your not actually carrying it around...with 20m of pole hose and a uni valve....

after a while you ll realise its much better,easier and safer to pole all upper windows with the pole...

Back