Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which pressure washer under £300

Jamespf1

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a decent pressure washer for under £350? I’ve had the wilks USA 625i for a 3 years but it’s just falling apart now. It’s something I probably use once a month so it’s not my main bit of kit.

what sort of psi is an absolute minimum for most jobs? 3000? 

thanks

Without being rude you arnt going to get quality equipment for that kind of money , it might be better to try and save up to get better stuff . 

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a decent pressure washer for under £350? I’ve had the wilks USA 625i for a 3 years but it’s just falling apart now. It’s something I probably use once a month so it’s not my main bit of kit.

what sort of psi is an absolute minimum for most jobs? 3000? 

thanks
I would personally save up and buy a far bigger machine.

Without being rude, your budget is tiny, 

Wilks USA pressure washers aren't the best and best suited to cleaning your garden furniture or car. Most claim to be around 11lpm per 6hp which in fact they are more 8.6lpm.

You won't have enough flow or volume to remove the heaviest of dirt mould and grime. Without regular service intervals and care they won't last long.

The common cheap plastic flat service cleaners you see are normally 15" dont work well at all and have to be pulled as they don't float the surface allowing pushing.

I have a Nilfisk 3000w induction motor commercial electric machine which I use to clean my van. I won't even rock up to a job with it as it would take days to do the job a 13hp 21lpm machine will do.

You have to bear in mind. The smaller the cheaper the machine the less work flow you generate. Productivity is minimal.

2900 psi at 21lpm. That's the money maker 
That is a good balance as some insurance policies limit you to 3000 psi!

It's not just psi that counts it's also flow rate. You can achieve good results from domestic 110 bar (1500 psi) 5 L/min pressure washer but that will be such a small jet it will take hrs and hrs to clean anything decent size. The more flow and pressure you have the faster you can cover the ground and achieve good results. A low flow rate machine is fine for peoples own homes as they probably only use it a couple of hrs a year on their paths and driveways plus they are not that bothered how long it takes them. If you are doing commercial work even if only once a month then consider either hiring a bigger machine or buying something more suitable to help you get through the work.

Have a look at Rutland Pumps for pressure washers if you want something decent.

Sid from Partridge Exterior Cleaning in YouTube uses a wilks and although he has his gripes with it, and is very keen to upgrade, he does also do some good work with it. 

Having a higher flow will help you get the work done quicker and as we know in this game that's a game changer. But if that's all you have and understand that you're at the low end so things can and will go wrong more often, and your work time at each job will be double. Then more power to you. Do enough jobs with the cheapo and get yourself a good one.

Just my 2 cents if you're keen on getting out there, just start. Or as mentioned get the jobs booked in, maybe 5/6 in a week. And go hire a big boy, yes your profit is less but the money you make from those could be reinvested. 

good luck mate

Save up and buy better quality pressure washer you buy cheep you buy twice Rutland pumps can get you set up with a good set up£1500 get a 15lpm loncin that will do just fine tesco do lones at a real good rate if you cant save more cash you soon pay for it and then not regret buying cheep **** 

Back