Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When windows dry still dirty!

SRW

Hi there all it’s David,, I’m new to the forums been window cleaning a few months now and enjoying it but I have had a customer cancel due to the windows still dirty when the water has dried.. I’m thinking is it because we haven’t rinsed properly or... I thought I would jump on and see what you guys think.1923E94A-5F17-4A7B-B10C-04446A2E1C0B.jpeg

I’d say rinsing, yeah. I just don’t get this on my windows. Then again, I don’t fly round. Not saying you do either! I just give the price, take my time in doing a good job, then rinse off properly. 
It might be worth doing one window, then  onto the next, then back to the last one to rinse off I’m rinsing off the other. On sash windows I’ll do the top panels first then go back and rinse of the top part of the sash, then repeat on the pane adjacent/below it just to be on the safe side. 

good luck mate

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume your tds was nice an low? Is it just 1 custy? Do they have old style windows with big black seals as they can leach out after rinsing? Has it dripped down from a trickle vent? Maybe it was just the rinse was a bit too quick or not thorough enough or did you get distracted?

Oh and welcome ? 

Also other thing to consider sun, water could be drying before you even finished cleaning the full window and frame ?

Def looks like you're not rinsing enough.

But you also have a few streaks coming down suggesting you're getting drips from the top frame (or above) as well. 

I'm a bit paranoid and ensure there are no drips forming above the top frame before I commence my rinse. I just give the area a quick wipe with the brush with the pump turned off. Then I rinse the glass, thoroughly.

Hi there all it’s David,, I’m new to the forums been window cleaning a few months now and enjoying it but I have had a customer cancel due to the windows still dirty when the water has dried.. I’m thinking is it because we haven’t rinsed properly or... I thought I would jump on and see what you guys think.View attachment 24403
1, Has the sealed unit blown. That's the critical question 

2, are you using pure water 

3, how long would you rinse this pane of glass 

Across the top of the frame needs a good scrub. Also just under especially if it has a rubber seal. When these are cleaned properly it can prevent dirty water running down the glass. 
mid it has vents and you have cleaned those that could be the dirty leaking water from them. 
if you have cleaned the upstairs then dropped straight down to a window below this too could be the problem. 
Did you think of returning and re-doing the glass again? 

Maybe you put too much water on the window above the window pictured and when you left water trickled down the building onto the pictured window...

I’d say rinsing, yeah. I just don’t get this on my windows. Then again, I don’t fly round. Not saying you do either! I just give the price, take my time in doing a good job, then rinse off properly. 
It might be worth doing one window, then  onto the next, then back to the last one to rinse off I’m rinsing off the other. On sash windows I’ll do the top panels first then go back and rinse of the top part of the sash, then repeat on the pane adjacent/below it just to be on the safe side. 

good luck mate
Hi,,

I think it may be down to rinsing I always take my time. 
I explained to the customers that we may not have rinsed properly but she said she doesn't want me to re do them and remove her  from our list. 

Hi there all it’s David,, I’m new to the forums been window cleaning a few months now and enjoying it but I have had a customer cancel due to the windows still dirty when the water has dried.. I’m thinking is it because we haven’t rinsed properly or... I thought I would jump on and see what you guys think.View attachment 24403
its obvious to me what the problem is......these are runs down the glass from the top frame and rubber seal...it also looks like white runs from oxidised frames

you need to thoroughly clean and rinse the top frame,seal and glass,go and clean a few other windows,come back and rinse just under the top rubber seal.....thats why pencil jets are much better than fans(they are a lot more accurate)flick off any water droplets that are resting on the top rubber seal with your brush(water off before rinsing)

its obvious to me what the problem is......these are runs down the glass from the top frame and rubber seal...it also looks like white runs from oxidised frames

you need to thoroughly clean and rinse the top frame,seal and glass,go and clean a few other windows,come back and rinse just under the top rubber seal.....thats why pencil jets are much better than fans(they are a lot more accurate)flick off any water droplets that are resting on the top rubber seal with your brush(water off before rinsing)
Thanks for that mate. 
that may be the issue. I told the customer that I would re do them But they said they don’t want to a they don’t like the windows left wet ?

Can’t win them all. You’ve offered to return and that’s all you can do. Some people are apprehensive about WFP cleaning and unfortunately when they see post clean issues it reinforces their negative mindset. Probably best to be rid of the customer.

Unfortunately those ones with seals are a nightmare only way is to wipe with a cloth.. I tried technique of rinsing just below but still will run down 10 mins later. Most customers understand

Try doing your own windows I learned that some windows come up great & some need extra rinse or quick squeegee off. Weird!

With a first clean do a double clean if that makes sense especially the top of the frame and rinse well then go back over just the glass again , what you are experiencing is typical for newbies I had exactly the same thing happen when I went over to wfp . Practice will be key to overcoming this .

Can’t win them all. You’ve offered to return and that’s all you can do. Some people are apprehensive about WFP cleaning and unfortunately when they see post clean issues it reinforces their negative mindset. Probably best to be rid of the customer.
Very true 

Thanks for that mate. 
that may be the issue. I told the customer that I would re do them But they said they don’t want to a they don’t like the windows left wet ?
Sadly somw people are atill sceptical of the wfp system, if theyre sceptical to start with and then this happens then theyre almost certainly  ot gonna want you back. Id say thw issue is a mix of not rinsing and there looks like a cpl of dirty runs which id say is the tops of the frames not being rinsed properly either.

Sometimes it happens, only thing you can do is hold your hands up and say sorry which you seem to have done.

Dont beat yourself up about it, just learn from it. ??

Back