Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Loncin g420 pressure washer pull leaver stuck

Becky D

Hello everyone. I have this Jetwash . The pull cable to start the Jetwash only comes out so far before it seems to get stuck and doesn't come out to start. I'm at a job, help! I have to Push the wheel in a small minute amount for it to atleast turn.

Thank You

16197116529001912964720995379521.jpg

Hello everyone. I have this Jetwash . The pull cable to start the Jetwash only comes out so far before it seems to get stuck and doesn't come out to start. I'm at a job, help! I have to Push the wheel in a small minute amount for it to atleast turn.

Thank You

View attachment 24415
Good afternoon. Don't go poking at it as you'll release the steel spring

With a small socket set remove the recoil cassette. That's the pull start

Once you've removed it look to see if the crank collar is damaged

Normally a metal tube with notches cut into it which the recoil cassette engages with when pulled.

Important Note

when you Normally start the machine are you holding open the lance trigger or do you have an easy prime ball valve

Too much back pressure and those who aren't familiar with pressure washers snap pull starts like there's no tomorrow.

Also when you are about to start the machine are you gently pulling out the pull start rope until you feel it engage as snatch pulling the rope will damage the recoil start cassette.

I say this alot in replies and say it with respect.

Familiarisation with your equipment and it's maintenance is key. Not knowing how to problem solve & repair is work and money lost.

Always have a spare brand new genuine recoil pull start under the seat of your van for when you need one. They are less than ÂŁ30 and a must to have.

Loncin don't have any repair videos however this Honda one shows you an identical step guide in replacement 

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I can think of is to remove the black cover where the pull start is and see if you can work out what is jamming it. It could be that one of the centrifugal bars that engage so you can pull the engine over has come lose and is jamming things up?

Just a thought, take the spark plug out and see if you can turn the engine over using the pull start cord? This is in case somehow water has got in the cylinder as you can't compress water so you wouldn't be able to turn it over with pull cord.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Only thing I can think of is to remove the black cover where the pull start is and see if you can work out what is jamming it. It could be that one of the centrifugal bars that engage so you can pull the engine over has come lose and is jamming things up?

Just a thought, take the spark plug out and see if you can turn the engine over using the pull start cord? This is in case somehow water has got in the cylinder as you can't compress water so you wouldn't be able to turn it over with pull cord.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
I can't imagine they have hydraulic lock and I'm not telling them how to start it with the cassette removed as they'll rip their shoulder off 

Thank You everyone. It was just pressure built in the hose, after all that. I will have to have a couple of hours getting used to it. Thank You

Back