Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shuffle Pressure Switch

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pit Creature

Hi, I've been sorting out a new van setup recently while not really knowing what I'm doing having only worked with and backpack before plus trad. I've bought a lot of stuff 2nd hand but I've managed to get everything going and it's already helping me to work more efficiently. Reading through this forum has been a big help so thanks for that!

I haven't been able to figure out how to wire up the shurflo pump to get the pressure switch to work when I'm using the univalve though.

I gather that I could replace the controller I have with one that has a pressure switch built in to solve this but is there another way? I've got a couple of spare wires coming out of the pump which I believe are connected to a pressure switch but I don't really know what to do with them to get it working.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Basically the +ve wire from your controller that is currently connected to the pump needs to go to one side of the pressure switch. Then the other side of the pressure switch goes to +ve on pump. So the +ve electricity has to flow through the pressure switch. So when pressure is high it cuts power to pump. 

Hope that helps? 

It would be good to see picys of your install as we all do things differently and there is always something new we can learn. 

Basically the +ve wire from your controller that is currently connected to the pump needs to go to one side of the pressure switch. Then the other side of the pressure switch goes to +ve on pump. So the +ve electricity has to flow through the pressure switch. So when pressure is high it cuts power to pump. 

Hope that helps? 

It would be good to see picys of your install as we all do things differently and there is always something new we can learn. 
Cheers. It needs a bit of a tidy up but does this photo help? Both of the spare wires are red so I'm not sure which would way around I'd need to do it.

IMG_20210430_145956107.jpg

The white wire from controller to red wire of the pump is where the pressure switch needs to go in between. It doesn't matter which way round the pressure switch goes. So disconnect the white from the controller and connect it to one of the reds on the pressure switch, then the other red on the pressure switch needs connecting to the red of the pump. The choc block connectors look a bit rusty might be worth replacing them with either new ones or crimp terminals (same as on pressure switch).

The white wire from controller to red wire of the pump is where the pressure switch needs to go in between. It doesn't matter which way round the pressure switch goes. So disconnect the white from the controller and connect it to one of the reds on the pressure switch, then the other red on the pressure switch needs connecting to the red of the pump. The choc block connectors look a bit rusty might be worth replacing them with either new ones or crimp terminals (same as on pressure switch).
Great. That's a big help mate. Cheers!

Hi, I've been sorting out a new van setup recently while not really knowing what I'm doing having only worked with and backpack before plus trad. I've bought a lot of stuff 2nd hand but I've managed to get everything going and it's already helping me to work more efficiently. Reading through this forum has been a big help so thanks for that!

I haven't been able to figure out how to wire up the shurflo pump to get the pressure switch to work when I'm using the univalve though.

I gather that I could replace the controller I have with one that has a pressure switch built in to solve this but is there another way? I've got a couple of spare wires coming out of the pump which I believe are connected to a pressure switch but I don't really know what to do with them to get it working.

Any ideas? Thanks.
If you are using a second hand pump it's most likely a mess of wire spaghetti. They always just have two wires as new because the pressure switch is prewired.

Back