Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any one use a shower heater to heat your water ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’ve had two set fire in the back of my van - luckily only the wires melted and the flame went out otherwise it could have been game over for my van. I brought CE marked ones as I knew they were cheap and cheerful. Not worth the risk in my opinion. I know some have used them for years without issue but I’ve heard of a number of horror stories and that would put me off. I found the gas to be expensive (I could only buy from my local marina). I thought the same when running a diesel heater as well, so I changed to an immersion element in my tank  - with some insulation on the tank (for me) it was the cheapest option and provided the most reliable and trouble free option for hot water. I don’t use hot water all year around now - only in winter. It just doesn’t warrant the extra expense in my opinion - and I’ve used hot water continuously for the past 5 years. 

ive had an L5 and L10.....i had a gas leak which i suspect came from the gas regulator and a loud bang in my new van.....took it out and straight to the tip then invested in a diesel heater which is much safer,more reliable and easier to use.....

would i use one again?....no.......IMO they are not safe...also it was a pain changing bottles and the gas always seemed to run out half way through a dirty first clean or add on job!the flame used to go out on a windy day too!also i had problems getting the pressure settings right(calibration)at times which resulted in me ruining my hose!also my L5 broke overnight on a cold winters night over xmas(cracked pipe)...i was endlessly fannying around with them...

although expensive to buy and get installed i much prefer my 9kw diesel heater....push a button and 15 mins later ive got piping hot water with very little problems in 3 and a half years of using mine plus i have frost stat for the winter months so no worrying about remembering to put a heater in the back of my van overnight.....

I’ve had two set fire in the back of my van - luckily only the wires melted and the flame went out otherwise it could have been game over for my van. I brought CE marked ones as I knew they were cheap and cheerful. Not worth the risk in my opinion. I know some have used them for years without issue but I’ve heard of a number of horror stories and that would put me off. I found the gas to be expensive (I could only buy from my local marina). I thought the same when running a diesel heater as well, so I changed to an immersion element in my tank  - with some insulation on the tank (for me) it was the cheapest option and provided the most reliable and trouble free option for hot water. I don’t use hot water all year around now - only in winter. It just doesn’t warrant the extra expense in my opinion - and I’ve used hot water continuously for the past 5 years. 
Well if any vans going to have a fire in the back of it, A window cleaners van is the one to have. Plenty of water in there to extinguish the flames.?

Well if any vans going to have a fire in the back of it, A window cleaners van is the one to have. Plenty of water in there to extinguish the flames.?
I use a shower heater as long as you leave the door open you will be fine , when you are doing a real dirty house or conny and it's not been cleaned in Months or even years , having hot water it makes a big difference It cuts through the dirt so Easy . The one thing you have to think about is , do you do the washing up in cold water and the answer is No .

I use a shower heater as long as you leave the door open you will be fine , when you are doing a real dirty house or conny and it's not been cleaned in Months or even years , having hot water it makes a big difference It cuts through the dirt so Easy . The one thing you have to think about is , do you do the washing up in cold water and the answer is No .
the truth is you can clean anything just fine with cold water and chemicals but hot water is much nicer to use and cleans faster esp for dirty jobs

Thinking off getting a shower heater to heat my water up has any one got one Or had one ?
When don't you youtube search and you'll find plenty of video's along with reviews failures & installs

You've vehicle insurance will become significantly higher along with your public liability insurance due to explosive materials etc.

Darren Green Pro clean covered his install 

There's another chap who has had 2 and they both failed

Saves waiting for a string of replies in my opinion 

The comparison doesn’t work as you use washing up liquid (degreaser) to aid the washing up

Back