Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterworks under floor rollers and HD guide

Andy1979

Hi has anyone got the waterworks rollers fitted if so would you do me a favour and measure them I’m trying to find out what size hole needs to be cut through the floor if possible as there is no reference to it in the website.

and can you still use the slick connectors with them ?

thanks

guys

The slick connected Ime pretty sure won’t fit through them , the Grippatank ones are a much bigger gap between the rollers and are much better quality and surprisingly cheaper ide get them 

The slick connected Ime pretty sure won’t fit through them , the Grippatank ones are a much bigger gap between the rollers and are much better quality and surprisingly cheaper ide get them 
Hiya mate yeah I’ve been looking at the Grippatank ones aswell and they definitely look superior quality and like you say cheaper however it’s a brand new van and the hole that has to be cut for the Grippatank ones looks massive considering your only putting a hose though them and I’m a little bit uneasy about putting such a big hole in the floor ?

Hiya mate yeah I’ve been looking at the Grippatank ones aswell and they definitely look superior quality and like you say cheaper however it’s a brand new van and the hole that has to be cut for the Grippatank ones looks massive considering your only putting a hose though them and I’m a little bit uneasy about putting such a big hole in the floor ?
I have just fitted the Grippatank ones in my new van they are much better than the waterworks ones I have them in one of my other vans .the black ones are water works , silver ones grippatank 

AA34FC27-358C-4D12-9156-FCB0936A31DC.jpeg

F752C125-5B4D-40E9-8554-19ECEC567609.jpeg

073B6B4B-6F68-4734-826D-5E0961142CEC.jpeg

EF290074-442E-4B18-93CF-4BAFBEEE4AF6.jpeg

The rollers are £15 each off Amazon very similar if not the exact same as waterworks use obviously you need 2 but if you know a fabricator you can fix them together quite easily at a fraction of the price of buying them ready mate 

The rollers are £15 each off Amazon very similar if not the exact same as waterworks use obviously you need 2 but if you know a fabricator you can fix them together quite easily at a fraction of the price of buying them ready mate 
Yes it’s easy to do it yourself but like all things time is money it’s cheaper for us to buy ready made as we can earn far more money Cleaning than making up rollers 

I’m a tight ******* I won’t pay £150 when I know I get it done for 50 with a bit of rigmarole ??
I didn’t pay that much for them anyway , when I started out I would have bought the parts and made them up myself , now it’s far more cost effective for me to buy them ready made and fit them to the van myself , as we can earn far more in the time it would take to look on line find the bits from that supplier then the threaded bar , washers nuts and bolts etc I send  one email and the complete roller system is deliver to my door and in less than an hour it’s fitted to the van . I do agree if trying to save money then yes do it yourself , for us it just gets put down as an expense I don’t Evan think about it .??

You cannot buy the stainless steel ones like that ,they are only available from Grippatank as they make them themselves, the cheap Chinese rollers water works use can be sourced from many outlets   

Each to their own I guess .

my plan was to make or buy the rollers if needed. The new power up reel rolls smoothly in and out so don’t think I need the rollers atm 

Each to their own I guess .

my plan was to make or buy the rollers if needed. The new power up reel rolls smoothly in and out so don’t think I need the rollers atm 
So Ime guessing you are leaving the doors open and pulling the hose out of the van rather than going through the floor ?? 

You cannot buy the stainless steel ones like that ,they are only available from Grippatank as they make them themselves, the cheap Chinese rollers water works use can be sourced from many outlets   
Yes I meant waterworks I’ve never been on grippa tank site till now I’ve just had a quick nosey and they’ve got some decent bits

I like the van door storage racks gonna order some of those now

So Ime guessing you are leaving the doors open and pulling the hose out of the van rather than going through the floor ?? 
Yes I do never had a problem in 10 years. At times I have reeled enough hose off and shut the doors on the hose and locked the van but only on a handful of occasions 

Your not just putting hose through though, if you cut a hole in your van and fit ones too small for the slick connect then you will have to take them out and refit larger rollers, I'd recommend measuring the diameter of the slick connect, 

I am testing a product which maybe similar in size to the slick connect and it goes through my Grippa rollers easily 

Your not just putting hose through though, if you cut a hole in your van and fit ones too small for the slick connect then you will have to take them out and refit larger rollers, I'd recommend measuring the diameter of the slick connect, 

I am testing a product which maybe similar in size to the slick connect and it goes through my Grippa rollers easily 
Thanks mate measuring the slick connect is not a problem but I can’t find and info on how big the opening of the waterworks rollers are ?

Yes I do never had a problem in 10 years. At times I have reeled enough hose off and shut the doors on the hose and locked the van but only on a handful of occasions 
That’s how I’ve always worked aswell up until now but I’ve wrecked the paint work on the rear doors on the old van where the hose has rubbed up them so don’t want to do that to the new van ?

Thanks mate measuring the slick connect is not a problem but I can’t find and info on how big the opening of the waterworks rollers are ?
Going off what others have said they are of a poor build quality, you'd be far better off buy the Grippa ones as the ones I have are really well made stainless steel rollers, I was going to buy the WW ones but glad I didn't after the build quality was said not be that good. 

To me that's just wasting time standing pulling out 10's of meters of hose and rough guessing if you have pulled out enough, I wouldn't want to do a run of houses then have to walk back 50 metres or more because I'm a 1m short of reaching the last window. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Going off what others have said they are of a poor build quality, you'd be far better off buy the Grippa ones as the ones I have are really well made stainless steel rollers, I was going to buy the WW ones but glad I didn't after the build quality was said not be that good. 
Yeah I’m leaning more that way mate as there’s nothing but high praise for them. The only things putting me of is it looks quite a big hole that you have to cut for them maybe deceptive from the pictures I’ve seen and I’ve done a template from the measurements on Grippatank and the bolt holes don’t line up very well with the raised ridges on the van floor sort of have on the ridge and have off maybe an issue getting them to sit right and because of the width of them I think I’d have to drop the spare wheel out to get the clearance.

can you remember what size the hole was you needed to cut that’s the only thing I can’t find on there website ?

Back