Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

any gardeners on here?

Amazin

which product would you recommend for killing unwanted plants growing in the gaps of patios? I've tried weedkiller but doesn't work well

which product would you recommend for killing unwanted plants growing in the gaps of patios? I've tried weedkiller but doesn't work well
I'm a gardener but I don't use weed killer or any other toxic chemicals in or around my garden or allotment as we have dogs and encourage wildlife, I pull them out by hand.

I use Roundup as a professional gardener. Bare in mind, to be legal you need a weedkiller license/qualification to apply on your customers land. I used grandfather rights until recently when it was removed.
To be organic use salt in the cracks of the patio.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use resolva ready mixed weed killer in the squirty bottle kills all know weeds and plants 

I'm a gardener but I don't use weed killer or any other toxic chemicals in or around my garden or allotment as we have dogs and encourage wildlife, I pull them out by hand.
@Amazin no idea what you find funny about this, if you think dogs and cats aren't poisoned and wildlife doesn't suffer through the use of off the shelf chemicals your some what deluded and ill informed because it's a fact they do, if a chemical can kill a plant what do think is happening to the insides of some ones dog ?

There has been studies done and it's fact, it's the don't give a ? big companies that don't care what we poison or kill as long as they get ? and equally the consumer who wants a perfect lawn, seen a few this week with weeds dying and there dog is out playing on the lawn with a ball with chemicals on the lawn ?

@Amazin no idea what you find funny about this, if you think dogs and cats aren't poisoned and wildlife doesn't suffer through the use of off the shelf chemicals your some what deluded and ill informed because it's a fact they do, if a chemical can kill a plant what do think is happening to the insides of some ones dog ?

There has been studies done and it's fact, it's the don't give a ? big companies that don't care what we poison or kill as long as they get ? and equally the consumer who wants a perfect lawn, seen a few this week with weeds dying and there dog is out playing on the lawn with a ball with chemicals on the lawn ?
I met a woman once who was using a blow torch to kill her weeds as she didn't want to use chemicals with her dog about. Only time I fancied doing gardening! ?

Most weedkillers (including Resolva & RoundUp) contain glyphosate - I use this on our driveway to kill weeds. 

It's not without controversy however (as can be seen in this thread & on the BBC website). It needs to be used carefully. Like @Iron Giant I would not use it on an allotment or around vegetables etc...

my mum burns them with a weed burner on her driveway....i pull them out by hand when im doing the lawn for her and the flower beds.....

its well known that round up has cancer causing chemicals in their bottles....i give them a wide berth......

my mum burns them with a weed burner on her driveway....i pull them out by hand when im doing the lawn for her and the flower beds.....

its well known that round up has cancer causing chemicals in their bottles....i give them a wide berth......
I have lost a customer to cancer and the family think his obsession with glyphosate on the driveway probably contributed to it.

I prefer to use salt.

Back