Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shoulder Surgery - to reattach tendon

Wayne Peacock

Hi, I am due to get my shoulder tendon tear reattached in January.

Has anyone else had arthroscopic surgery, and how long was it before

you could use your pole to clean windows? Mine is my left arm so not so

much reaching to do. Any advice welcome. Ta

Hi, I am due to get my shoulder tendon tear reattached in January.

Has anyone else had arthroscopic surgery, and how long was it before

you could use your pole to clean windows? Mine is my left arm so not so

much reaching to do. Any advice welcome. Ta
I had a torn rotator cuff done, shaved bone, screws to reattach, the lot, and was working using 47' fibreglass poles after 3 months. This was however much to the surprise of the surgeon as he said the day after surgery it would be 3 months before I could lift a kettle. I replied I would be back to full work by then. Make sure you do the physio as well as you can, even though it is very painful, my Physio actually said I was doing too much.

After 3 months I stood in front of the Surgeon who then asked how high I could raise my arm, when I stuck it fully extended above my head he looked at his notes and said, "you've had a full rotator cuff repair and I had to release your frozen shoulder to be at that stage you must be a very determined man. Discharged from my care.

The next week I was gutter vaccing with the aforementioned pole and don't have any issues with the shoulder except I can reach a couple of inches higher with my "good one"

I had a torn rotator cuff done, shaved bone, screws to reattach, the lot, and was working using 47' fibreglass poles after 3 months. This was however much to the surprise of the surgeon as he said the day after surgery it would be 3 months before I could lift a kettle. I replied I would be back to full work by then. Make sure you do the physio as well as you can, even though it is very painful, my Physio actually said I was doing too much.

After 3 months I stood in front of the Surgeon who then asked how high I could raise my arm, when I stuck it fully extended above my head he looked at his notes and said, "you've had a full rotator cuff repair and I had to release your frozen shoulder to be at that stage you must be a very determined man. Discharged from my care.

The next week I was gutter vaccing with the aforementioned pole and don't have any issues with the shoulder except I can reach a couple of inches higher with my "good one"
Part Timer or Steve Austin ??

Not really, just someone that doesn't feel sorry for themself. Plenty of excuses if you need them, prefer to battle then quit. @Davy G and @Apw1210 are far better examples then me. 99% of people that's gone through what they have would've quit.
I don’t need sissy operations I just plough thru the day like a real man ??

Back