Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Renault Trafic Steering Wheel Adjustment

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hi all. I’ve just purchased a 2008 Renault Trafic. Cracking van, i was given a very kind deal by a good mate. Il be swapping my van system over the next couple of weeks. A quick question about the steering wheel. It adjusts towards and away from you, but not up and down? 

Hoping another Renault Trafic owner can help ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 60 plate trafic van .... Am trying to think how it was, does urs slide in and outwards and ur lock is under the steering barrel, I think that’s how it was. 
on this trafic van am using now it’s 68 plate and the steering don’t pull out or push in it’s up an down with lock in same place  !!! 

I think am done with Renault now been buying them since I started work for myself, 

Renault moto is ..... they look good, go fast but just don’t last 

What weight can I carry spruce, I think my trafic van is 1060kg inc driver and am pretty much maxed out and still 2 jet wash reels to fit in ......

Shrop...... the jet wash reel on ur van is a monster ??

What weight can I carry spruce, I think my trafic van is 1060kg inc driver and am pretty much maxed out and still 2 jet wash reels to fit in ......

Shrop...... the jet wash reel on ur van is a monster ??
You have basically answered your question. ?

My old swb Citroën Relay had a payload of 1154kgs. Being 2 operators, we were pretty much maxed out with a full 650 litres of water, hose reels, leisure battery, poles, ladders, roof racks and tow-bar.

These days I don't bother to completely fill my 650 litre water tank as we never empty it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was meant to be what can u carry in the boxer. 
I don’t drive about with a full tank ever but I am often on a site for a few weeks and can be anything from windows cladding or jet washing, so I will always fill up with water while on site, 650L tank with an over pipe right at the top to stop over flowing into the van

That was meant to be what can u carry in the boxer. 
I don’t drive about with a full tank ever but I am often on a site for a few weeks and can be anything from windows cladding or jet washing, so I will always fill up with water while on site, 650L tank with an over pipe right at the top to stop over flowing into the van
I have the swb Boxer 333. It has a payload of about 1400kgs. I transferred the 650 litre tank over but fitted it width ways just in front of the rear axle. This gives me a usable space between the bulkhead and the tank and another usable space between the tank and the back doors for our 2 hose reels. (On the Relay I had to position the tank lengthways which meant a 'dead' space behind the driver's side of the bulkhead and the rear wheel arches. That was the only way to position it to not overload the front axle. Not long after I started window cleaning with this Relay van a rear mono leaf spring broke. I replaced both springs with a heavy duty after market set for 3500kgs motor homes. After that the van never looked overloaded.) ?

Floor space in the Boxer is always at a premium. Thinking back I wish I went for the long wheel base van I had the option on at the time. But the extra length for parking and keeping the van frost free in winter were the downside. Ideally the best option for us would have been a medium wheel base high roof van, but those are like hen's teeth second hand and in good nick.

Back