Confused customer

Ian Docksey

So just called a customer to advise a 2nd clean. I got asked which window cleaner are you! As it turns out she has had her windows cleaned twice since I last cleaned them. Now not having a dig here, but customer asked me are you the cleaner that charged me £20 £30 or £55. I think you can guess my price. A 3 storey town house, 3 sided with velux window. Obviously I'm not going tomorrow,  Just feel sorry for a confused old lady. 

1 minute ago, Ian Docksey said:

So just called a customer to advise a 2nd clean. I got asked which window cleaner are you! As it turns out she has had her windows cleaned twice since I last cleaned them. Now not having a dig here, but customer asked me are you the cleaner that charged me £20 £30 or £55. I think you can guess my price. A 3 storey town house, 3 sided with velux window. Obviously I'm not going tomorrow,  Just feel sorry for a confused old lady. 

Oh she is 92 years of age, 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

Oh she is 92 years of age, 

So in 6 weeks ,this old dear has paid out over £100 to have her windows cleaned, surely other windies would have seen they had been cleaned recently, and asked a few questions!!

1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

It might help her if you can contact a relative as if she's doing this what else is she wasting her money on

Yes good idea there mate. I'm in the area tomorrow and will give a knock and ask.

20 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

So in 6 weeks ,this old dear has paid out over £100 to have her windows cleaned, surely other windies would have seen they had been cleaned recently, and asked a few questions!!

A @Part Timersays, Try and liase with a relative or neighbour as a welfare call on her behalf.

It's evident someone is upto no good and potential putting her at risk of fraud etc

Just now, Apw1210 said:

A @Part Timersays, Try and liase with a relative or neighbour as a welfare call on her behalf.

It's evident someone is upto no good and potential putting her at risk of fraud etc

Onto that as we chat.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I'm not having a dig at other window cleaners in the area, just concerned for the old dear, competition I can handle, but this has got to me. 

It's given me a sick feeling that she's being taken for a fool.

Lost my 99 year old grandma a few months ago. Brings it home 

• Sad 3
29 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I'm not having a dig at other window cleaners in the area, just concerned for the old dear, competition I can handle, but this has got to me. 

I think you are right to try and ensure she isn't taken advantage of. It's the right thing to do, plus won't hurt your reputation to be known as one who looks out for their customers. 

I would call the Old Bill and let them visit her from a welfare point of view. She may not have even had all these cleans but is obviously vulnerable. Will be a lot easier for them to make the necessary enquiries and protects you.

42 minutes ago, Dabber said:

I would call the Old Bill and let them visit her from a welfare point of view. She may not have even had all these cleans but is obviously vulnerable. Will be a lot easier for them to make the necessary enquiries and protects you.

A family member is known to her daughter. So have asked them to get in contact and advise on what's happened.  As I say dont care if I lose a job. Its I just feel for her, she was so confused when I called. 

Just now, steve garwood said:

Might be a idea to put a sign on her door simply saying ‘No window cleaning please’.

Might help 

From what I gathered from conversation with her, she's called the window cleaners,  she called me. When I went round, she said her old window cleaner had not been for around a year. And to be fair, her windows,frames n sills looked like they'd not been touched for a fair while.

• Like 1