Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Websites

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

I have always been (i think) good at making websites.

I have just finished mine ( although it's not proof read for errors yet) and I need to get the .co.uk address.

Anyway I was wondering of anyone on here would be interested In me making theirs? Would be much cheaper than anywhere else /emoticons/smile.png

See what you think of mine, comments and suggestions welcome:)

Cnssouthwest.moonfruit.com

Thanks

Dave

Looks great mate!

Mines better though /emoticons/tongue.png

One thing with the services header, have you thought about advertising just a few services and then letting your customers know you offer other services? People will get confused and youll be thought of as a handyman rather than a window cleaner?

Thanks

Joe

I was just looking at that /emoticons/tongue.png - great mines think alike lol

What your web address so I can have a peak lol

Honestly it's not bad for a DIY site but these types of websites are never great. If you want to make a proper website, drop Moonfruit and use an open source content management system like Joomla or WordPress. Both of these are FREE you just need a bit of knowledge to set them up but there's plenty on the web for this.

The main problem that you have with your website is that it's loaded with Flash. The search engines have an incredibly hard time reading these types of files. Mobile devices also can't read them at all and will just display blank spaces but you've got a mobile theme to cover this so that's fine.

One thing you do need to have is a Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Both of these are required by law but are quite simple documents to put together.

I can tell if a website is made by Iain just by the look of the website /emoticons/tongue.png lol

Spelling mistakes done, more changes made, just need to go over it one more time and put my number up( when my sim arrives) and in done, it might take a split second to load first time as it uses flash.

Back