Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

40psi what's the best option for me

The only low pressure membrane if you are going for a 4040 set up is Axeon HF5, not other manufacturer makes one.  If you are going to invest in a booster then HF4.

We have used an HF5 membrane for years at 50psi water pressure. Our rejection rate is still 97%. However, if we switch another tap on and the pressure on the membrane drops to 40psi the rejection rate creeps up (or is it down?) to 96%. In our case thats 1ppm so not a big deal. But at 270ppm water from the tap 1% will be 3 to 4ppm meaning higher resin use.

Is the extra cost of installing and running a booster pump going to be financially viable in the long term? Is the noise of the booster pump running going to irritate the neighbours?

I have a water pressure of 40 psi and use a merlin . I’m very pleased with the results. Not as fast as a 4040 but  I run it through the night with no booster pump

I have a water pressure of 40 psi and use a merlin . I’m very pleased with the results. Not as fast as a 4040 but  I run it through the night with no booster pump
A merlin is the equivalent of a 4021 so half that of a 4040.

To ascertain how well an r/o is working you need to calculate the rejection rate or efficiency/performance  of your membrane. You need tap water input tds and output tds before di.

Back