Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterworks safety first hose

Rif

Anyone had any problems with the above hose ? I’ve recently started getting bubbles in few places on it  and it’s leaking water from them , so pump is constantly running , got the hose with power reel around 2 year ago , so waterworks have told me can’t help , surely I should get a lot more usage out of it ,

only work part time as well running cold water , 

D41A378D-E77E-4B0E-90D9-5238DB92B3F7.jpeg

Never used it but two years is in fairness long time out of manufacturer warranty. 

I use Daqua’s hose. High quality stuff!

https://www.daqua.co.uk/hose_reels.htm
So reckon 2 years is standard what should get out of a hose ? Bearing in mind only work part time, so basically 1 year usage, hose has been great compare other stuff I’ve used , lies flat on ground doesn’t coil up on its self 

yeah thanks for that link think I’ll get some ordered 

Never used that hose we use Gardiners ,but now they stoped selling it been using daqua hose believe it’s the same make as Gardiners we use hot water and work flat out 5 days a week and it gets some serious abuse but generally lasts 2-3 years before we replace it . Sounds like a faulty batch that you have had but obviously they won’t replace it after 2 years .

Never used that hose we use Gardiners ,but now they stoped selling it been using daqua hose believe it’s the same make as Gardiners we use hot water and work flat out 5 days a week and it gets some serious abuse but generally lasts 2-3 years before we replace it . Sounds like a faulty batch that you have had but obviously they won’t replace it after 2 years .
It is indeed the same, I use to use Gardiner's and @doug atkinson confirmed as such! 

Never used it but my Streamline hose is about 5 years old now so I definitely wouldn’t be happy with that at only 2 years old.
I've only ever used Streamline hose. I get at least three, or more often four years of trouble free use out of it. We mostly work up to about thirty hours a week with water heated to above 60c. My most recent hose replacement is their hi viz 6mm microbore, supplied as suitable for hot water. I can't fault it.

The blue hose I got with my waterworks system isn’t great, not even a years usage and it was splitting 

Hoses should last a hell of a lot longer than that mine last about 2 years in average but I pull the end bit round brickwork and have to cut the last 5metres off a few times before I replace them. My friends very careful with his and his is 5 years old and still in great nick!

We really use a full 100 meters these days. It was once suggested to swap the hose around to get both ends worn.

We've used hose until we can hardly see any yellow (in our case) outer sheath left. Even missing that outer layer didn't cause the hose to bubble.

We really use a full 100 meters these days. It was once suggested to swap the hose around to get both ends worn.

We've used hose until we can hardly see any yellow (in our case) outer sheath left. Even missing that outer layer didn't cause the hose to bubble.
That’s actually a great idea swapping the hose round ??

Yeah I used to swap hose round and my current hose has a few parts where the outer sheath is all gone I just tape them up to eeek a couple more months out of it. I rarely use 100m I can get by on 80m so it’s no prob cutting a bit off for me. 2 years out of hose for 40-50 quid every day use is fine by me 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back