Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Update on how I’m getting on

SRW

Lost a few customers and gained a

few this week made a big mistake when first started didn’t charge for first clean ? definitely learnt from that one! 

Had a we enquires on social media ect didn’t win all them Didn’t expect to some said I was to dear ? but I think that’s what I’m worth. 

just got my van sorted 14year old but still dose the trick when it packs up that’s when I will be getting a new one  

good things take time. 

would like to thank every one on this forum for the advice they gave me and took the time out to comment means a lot. ?

Lost a few customers and gained a

few this week made a big mistake when first started didn’t charge for first clean ? definitely learnt from that one! 

Had a we enquires on social media ect didn’t win all them Didn’t expect to some said I was to dear ? but I think that’s what I’m worth. 

just got my van sorted 14year old but still dose the trick when it packs up that’s when I will be getting a new one  

good things take time. 

would like to thank every one on this forum for the advice they gave me and took the time out to comment means a lot. ?
Well done mate, it takes an awful amount of hard work.

You'll find that all the Facebook enquiries come from Karen's Tracy's & Helen's 

They're are all lazy and just post on a local gossip or neighbourhood pages

"Does anyone know any window cleaners" 

They can't be bothered to Google search for the local trades and Claire pops up with this one is cheap Hun,

They message everyone holding out for the very cheapest of blind quotes while the tumble weed and cowboys come into shot. 

A great tip for gauging the size of a property is the ask them immediately for their address and Google Street View their property to gauge the size, amount of windows and access as those points will potentially save you from under quoting.

Stick to your pricing, be firm, be professional 

dont price too cheap but dont price too high either....you need to find some middle ground somewhere....its no good if you dont get the job...do EVERYTHING!

1.canvassing/leafleting

2.sign write your van(BIG LETTERS)

3.offer add ons

4.facebook

5.website

6.advertise in parish magazines in your chosen area

7.leaflet/canvass SOLD SIGN properties

you need to actively look for work until it becomes self sustaining which takes time...years in fact....

Well done mate, it takes an awful amount of hard work.

They can't be bothered to Google search for the local trades and Claire pops up with this one is cheap Hun,

They message everyone holding out for the very cheapest of blind quotes while the tumble weed and cowboys come into shot. 

A great tip for gauging the size of a property is the ask them immediately for their address and Google Street View their property to gauge the size, amount of windows and access as those points will potentially save you from under quoting.

Stick to your pricing, be firm, be professional 
Thanks for them Tips mate and your totally right about the Facebook thing ????

dont price too cheap but dont price too high either....you need to find some middle ground somewhere....its no good if you dont get the job...do EVERYTHING!

1.canvassing/leafleting

2.sign write your van(BIG LETTERS)

3.offer add ons

4.facebook

5.website

6.advertise in parish magazines in your chosen area

7.leaflet/canvass SOLD SIGN properties

you need to actively look for work until it becomes self sustaining which takes time...years in fact....
Thanks for that mate,, 

Hhmm parish magazines that’s a good idea im

going to do that ?

They are called Courtney and Shanice around my way.

But the FB lot ain't all that bad, I generally pick up jobs for 4 detached houses on new build estates well priced jobs and usually young hard working people who want a very good and professional windy.

Back