Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift Phantom jets

Bobsonduggnutt

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone with z phantom is having the same issue. When I started I got a cheap streamline pole and brush along with my pure freedom system and all was well with the controller set between 45-60 id get a nice flow for cleaning and 650 would last around a day and a half. I then upgraded to a phantom 30 and I'm having to turn my controller up to 94 to get a decent rinse but I'm going through 650 by 2pm. Just wondering if I'm missing something with jets here.

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone with z phantom is having the same issue. When I started I got a cheap streamline pole and brush along with my pure freedom system and all was well with the controller set between 45-60 id get a nice flow for cleaning and 650 would last around a day and a half. I then upgraded to a phantom 30 and I'm having to turn my controller up to 94 to get a decent rinse but I'm going through 650 by 2pm. Just wondering if I'm missing something with jets here.
Sounds strange are they bigger jets ??? Doesn't  seam to make any sense 

I'm not too clued up on jet sizes, I would expect with the controller at 94 there would be quite a bit of pressure but its still just a  bit more than a trickle
Remember that the pump will probably do a max of 5litres a min. So if that 5L is coming out of a 5mm jet it might trickle. Whereas if it's a 2mm jet then it will be much more of a jet. So look at the old brush jets and the new ones!!! I bet new ones are way too big.

I stick with basic brass 2mm pencil jets 

One of a few things calibiration needs adjusting, your pumps getting worn out if it's 4 years plus, airlock in the system and or jets are way too big they used to years ago fit 2-3mm jets these are way to big better off with either 1.4mm pencil jets or 100 degree fan jets or all of the above combined. 

I'm not too clued up on jet sizes, I would expect with the controller at 94 there would be quite a bit of pressure but its still just a  bit more than a trickle
Most people will have a set of hss drill bits. Use them to identify the size of your jets.

A 5lpm pump will deliver 5 litres from the pump head free flow. Once you start adding minibore and microbore hose lengths the flow rate from that pump will drop. I doubt you will ever get any more that 2lpm from 2mm jets on your brush tbh. Microbore will restrict the delivery rate more than minibore as it roughly half the internal size. The colder the water the lower your maximum flow rate will be.

Remember that the pump will probably do a max of 5litres a min. So if that 5L is coming out of a 5mm jet it might trickle. Whereas if it's a 2mm jet then it will be much more of a jet. So look at the old brush jets and the new ones!!! I bet new ones are way too big.
I would go with @ched999ukon this suggestion.

We used 3mm jets in the beginning. They gave a good quick rinse but we wasted plenty of water in the scrubbing phase of the clean which took much longer than the rinsing phase.

Back