Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeege problems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dyl Wimbledon

Hello, 

Do you have any squeegees that simply don't work for you? 

I have tried upgrading from s channel to s plus many moths ago. 

No matter what method I use with the s plus I still leave smears that disappear but I know will show up in direct sunlight. 

I've had both squeegee plus the ettore brass doing the exact same window and method and still the S plus let's me down. 

It's a Shame as the S plus leaves less detailing. 

Thanks ?

I haven't used the S Plus but it sounds like the rubber is either moving in the channel or not touching the glass along it's full length. If it's the latter it could be the angle of the handle to the glass, or it could be that the rubber is too hard for the temperature.

It could also be like the Moerman and require more soap/slip in the solution to work.

Hello, 

No matter what method I use with the s plus I still leave smears that disappear but I know will show up in direct sunlight. 

I've had both squeegee plus the ettore brass doing the exact same window and method and still the S plus let's me down. 

Thanks ?

Hello, 

Thanks ?
Never had any problems with them at all. 

Are your channel straight 

Are you applying excessive pressure 

Are your rubbers worn and chewed 

Do you change your rubbers regularly as they don't last forever 

Is your soap to water ratio to heavy 

Hello, 

Thanks ?
Are you sure it is not a iffy channel or rubber?.

a lot of these channels are bent, especially the s channel plus (which doesn't work like a proper dog eared squeegee anyway, it's basically just a marketing thing).

Just use a normal s channel. Also, go to a real store and inspect many channels until you find one that's completely straight before you hand your money over and buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ettore brass channels are the tried & true channels..very very rarely they are outa sorts. 

Find what works constant for you, it will save you money and frustration.

Hope this helps.

I'm surprised people still use brass channels, I always found that they bend when you drop them and were never quite the same again afterwards. (Maybe I was just clumsy)

I'm surprised people still use brass channels, I always found that they bend when you drop them and were never quite the same again afterwards. (Maybe I was just clumsy)
I've been using brass channels for over a decade they've been a treat. No hassle and always do what they claim to do straight outa of the box.

Back