Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

USING A WFP WITH PRESSURE WASHER

danituffrey

danituffrey

Hiya 

i have seen this video on youtube and trying to find out how its set up. 

I have an ova 8 wfp that i use for window cleaning. 

any ideas on if i could use it for something similar to the video? 

wouldnt have a clue on what i would need to buy and cant find much info online? 

thanks 🙂 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, danituffrey said:

Hiya 

i have seen this video on youtube and trying to find out how its set up. 

I have an ova 8 wfp that i use for window cleaning. 

any ideas on if i could use it for something similar to the video? 

wouldnt have a clue on what i would need to buy and cant find much info online? 

thanks 🙂 

Just get a telescopic high pressure lance or watch an Ashley Mackintosh video 

Edited by Apw1210
1 minute ago, Apw1210 said:

Don't waste your time or reputation. Its what amateurs do who have no clue about water volume & pressure.

Water fed poles aren't designed to handle ridiculous strains and nor are the jets. 

You've stumbled upon a cowboy act and it's best to forget you ever saw it 

Hi Austin there is a couple of firms that make theses conversions of wfp they are very good at lower pressure pressure washing , I don’t have one myself but when time allows I will be making my own think they could be a very used tool , they use proper pressure washing jets and high pressure hose and are safe . 

2 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Looks like a turbo nozzle on the end of a wfp, not sure if its legal?

How could it be illegal?? 

scottish cleaning service
2 minutes ago, Pjj said:

How could it be illegal?? 

Against the manufacturers instructions. You allow an employee to use it and they get hurt then they sue the employer!

6 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Against the manufacturers instructions. You allow an employee to use it and they get hurt then they sue the employer!

We all use things that have been altered or modified, theses lances use approved and pressure rated hose , triggers and jets it’s just fitted inside a wfp in stead of the alloy or fibreglass pressure washing telescopic poles 

scottish cleaning service
8 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We all use things that have been altered or modified, theses lances use approved and pressure rated hose , triggers and jets it’s just fitted inside a wfp in stead of the alloy or fibreglass pressure washing telescopic poles 

I learned alot about industrial law when I did the gas course. In the event of an accident, their lawyers will impound their training records. My brother just completed a one day tower scaffold training course. He couldn't believe all the things he didn't know about. If a hire company delivers a scaffold without the manufacturers instructions then you have to send it back. Manufactures instructions is like the bible for lawyers when they are chasing a claim. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

Just get a telescopic high pressure lance or watch an Ashley Mackintosh video 

I wouldn't even try a telescopic pressure washing lance, the 18 or 24 ft, both very heavy and hard to control. 

I have the 35ft wfp conversion kit from AC pressure washers. Great bit of kit. 👍 They also do a 55ft kit as well. 

Edited by JBC
Spelling
  • Agree 2

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.