Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

sodium hypochlorite?

11 minutes ago, Mx19 said:

It says in the description it is....Doesnt mention percentage though

yeah, that's what got me thinking. Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Yes it is it will be either 10% or 15 it should be on the label somewhere 

Thanks PJJ I might go over in a bit and have a look on the label, it's just I have a store just down the road and saw it, but wasn't sure if it was what I needed. If it is 10%, should I look for something stronger?

6 minutes ago, Herm said:

Thanks PJJ I might go over in a bit and have a look on the label, it's just I have a store just down the road and saw it, but wasn't sure if it was what I needed. If it is 10%, should I look for something stronger?

You just dilute it less to achieve the required strength for the job you are doing.

10% is usually a lot.cheaper.

2 minutes ago, Dave B said:

You just dilute it less to achieve the required strength for the job you are doing.

10% is usually a lot.cheaper.

I'm just thinking if I had a bad patio, would 10% be strong enough to get the black spots off.

4 minutes ago, Herm said:

I'm just thinking if I had a bad patio, would 10% be strong enough to get the black spots off.

You'd still want to be diluting 10%

39 minutes ago, Herm said:

I never use more than 4% on any job.

6 minutes ago, Dave B said:

I never use more than 4% on any job.

Thanks Dave, I think I'll get 20ltrs and give it a trial out on my own patio to see how it goes. 

1 hour ago, Herm said:

10% is fine it's what we use all the time now as the farm shop up the road from me no longer  sell 15% , I dilute it the same as 15 % and find it works just the same , , for black spot on patios use it a bit stronger and if nessasary use it neat and scrub it in with a stiff broom leave it to soak for up to 40 muinits , using a surfactant will help stop it drying out and keep the surface wet. 

2 minutes ago, Pjj said:

10% is fine it's what we use all the time now as the farm shop up the road from me no longer  sell 15% , I dilute it the same as 15 % and find it works just the same , , for black spot on patios use it a bit stronger and if nessasary use it neat and scrub it in with a stiff broom leave it to soak for up to 40 muinits , using a surfactant will help stop it drying out and keep the surface wet. 

brilliant advice Pjj.. I did wonder if you added surfactant to it. What type of brush are you using? Would a normal stiff wooden brush do the job or would this stuff eat it alive? Thanks again everyone.

4 minutes ago, Herm said:

brilliant advice Pjj.. I did wonder if you added surfactant to it. What type of brush are you using? Would a normal stiff wooden brush do the job or would this stuff eat it alive? Thanks again everyone.

On a patio a normal stiff yard broom will do the job fine just give it a good wash off after , make sure you wear eye protection and don’t flick the mix in the air , obviously damp down any grass and plants in the area before during and after applying the mix if it’s likely to have gone on anything that you don’t want affected 

1 hour ago, Pjj said:

On a patio a normal stiff yard broom will do the job fine just give it a good wash off after , make sure you wear eye protection and don’t flick the mix in the air , obviously damp down any grass and plants in the area before during and after applying the mix if it’s likely to have gone on anything that you don’t want affected 

Great, thanks!

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.