Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

sodium hypochlorite?

Yes it is it will be either 10% or 15 it should be on the label somewhere 
Thanks PJJ I might go over in a bit and have a look on the label, it's just I have a store just down the road and saw it, but wasn't sure if it was what I needed. If it is 10%, should I look for something stronger?

Thanks PJJ I might go over in a bit and have a look on the label, it's just I have a store just down the road and saw it, but wasn't sure if it was what I needed. If it is 10%, should I look for something stronger?
You just dilute it less to achieve the required strength for the job you are doing.

10% is usually a lot.cheaper.

10% is fine it's what we use all the time now as the farm shop up the road from me no longer  sell 15% , I dilute it the same as 15 % and find it works just the same , , for black spot on patios use it a bit stronger and if nessasary use it neat and scrub it in with a stiff broom leave it to soak for up to 40 muinits , using a surfactant will help stop it drying out and keep the surface wet. 

10% is fine it's what we use all the time now as the farm shop up the road from me no longer  sell 15% , I dilute it the same as 15 % and find it works just the same , , for black spot on patios use it a bit stronger and if nessasary use it neat and scrub it in with a stiff broom leave it to soak for up to 40 muinits , using a surfactant will help stop it drying out and keep the surface wet. 
brilliant advice Pjj.. I did wonder if you added surfactant to it. What type of brush are you using? Would a normal stiff wooden brush do the job or would this stuff eat it alive? Thanks again everyone.

brilliant advice Pjj.. I did wonder if you added surfactant to it. What type of brush are you using? Would a normal stiff wooden brush do the job or would this stuff eat it alive? Thanks again everyone.
On a patio a normal stiff yard broom will do the job fine just give it a good wash off after , make sure you wear eye protection and don’t flick the mix in the air , obviously damp down any grass and plants in the area before during and after applying the mix if it’s likely to have gone on anything that you don’t want affected 

On a patio a normal stiff yard broom will do the job fine just give it a good wash off after , make sure you wear eye protection and don’t flick the mix in the air , obviously damp down any grass and plants in the area before during and after applying the mix if it’s likely to have gone on anything that you don’t want affected 
Great, thanks!

Latest Posts

Back