Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ICB TO VAN - WATER TRANSFER PUMPS?

The Mac

QUESTION/ADVICE;

Hi Guys,

In terms of transferring water from the ICB to Van, just watched @Green Pro Clean Ltd 2017 with the dirty water pump. Seems a real good investment so would something like this; https://www.toolstation.com/einhell-gc-dp-1020-n-dirty-water-pump/p70893?store=MM&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=Cj0KCQjwytOEBhD5ARIsANnRjVjhV3ryZJzcCOa6_v292RdDb90qGh4bwg1ELUmHA4m6sVdJTCDDPPcaAqQ1EALw_wcB be any good if anyone has any idea or experience?

Getting a 1000L ICB tank and 450GPD from Daqua in the next week fingers crossed ?  - cheers everyone who contributed to a previous post! 

Also what is the correct name for the 'petrol pump' style delivery pump for the actual van tank filling & best place to get them? 

Many Thanks in advance!

Strictly speaking you don't need a dirty water pump for pure water - these are more for emptying ponds & septic tanks. A clean water pump will be fine.

You need to measure the lid opening diameter on the IBC tank to check that you can fit the pump in OK. You may need to go for a smaller diameter pump.

Transfer nozzles you can get from Pure Freedom - https://purefreedom.co.uk/1-polypropylene-transfer-hose-trigger-nozzle.html

Getting a 1000L ICB tank and 450GPD from Daqua in the next week fingers crossed ?  
Actually why are you getting an RO if you're in South Wales? I would have thought your TDS is pretty low & you could just use Double DI.

I'm in Pembrokeshire & my TDS is currently around 34ppm (I use Double DI).

Pump from screwfix £59.99 

Fuel trigger gun £13.60 off ebay

When you buy your ibc make sure its one with the larger 9inch hole on top. I think they come in 7 or 9 inch. Again I got mine off ebay, used for £50.

This pump just squeezes into the 9inch hole perfectly without having to cut your tank. 

I had to cut the hose which came with the pump to attach it to the trigger gun with a jubilee clip. 

Works perfectly. I leave the pump in the ibc and when I fill my 350 litre tank in the van, it takes about 10mins. Happy days ?

Screenshot_20210508_165022.jpg

Screenshot_20210508_165243.jpg

Pump from screwfix £59.99 

Fuel trigger gun £13.60 off ebay

When you buy your ibc make sure its one with the larger 9inch hole on top. I think they come in 7 or 9 inch. Again I got mine off ebay, used for £50.

This pump just squeezes into the 9inch hole perfectly without having to cut your tank. 

I had to cut the hose which came with the pump to attach it to the trigger gun with a jubilee clip. 

Works perfectly. I leave the pump in the ibc and when I fill my 350 litre tank in the van, it takes about 10mins. Happy days ?

View attachment 24545

View attachment 24546
Also when I fill up, the trigger gun sits in the hole of my van tank just right so I can put the catch on and leave it while I make a cuppa and roll a *** ?

Norf86 said:
Also when I fill up, the trigger gun sits in the hole of my van tank just right so I can put the catch on and leave it while I make a cuppa and roll a *** ?
That was cigarette lol 

QUESTION/ADVICE;

Hi Guys,

In terms of transferring water from the ICB to Van, just watched @Green Pro Clean Ltd 2017 with the dirty water pump. Seems a real good investment so would something like this; https://www.toolstation.com/einhell-gc-dp-1020-n-dirty-water-pump/p70893?store=MM&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=Cj0KCQjwytOEBhD5ARIsANnRjVjhV3ryZJzcCOa6_v292RdDb90qGh4bwg1ELUmHA4m6sVdJTCDDPPcaAqQ1EALw_wcB be any good if anyone has any idea or experience?

Getting a 1000L ICB tank and 450GPD from Daqua in the next week fingers crossed ?  - cheers everyone who contributed to a previous post! 

Also what is the correct name for the 'petrol pump' style delivery pump for the actual van tank filling & best place to get them? 

Many Thanks in advance!
Why dont you use the words of the process you want to achieve and search water transfer pump, AdBlue transfer pump or diesel transfer pump gun and hose, nearly all are 1" bsp thread 

Its a subject covered so many times and youtube has many videos including my own.

Actually why are you getting an RO if you're in South Wales? I would have thought your TDS is pretty low & you could just use Double DI.

101TDS out of garden tap, 3 neighbours spread across my street have confirmed to!

Shocking I know, TDS out of previous business owner 70ppm ish so I assumed I could get away with Double DI as well ? 

That was cigarette lol 
Cheers buddy, appreciate it! 

I really want to go to Pembrokeshire and drink a glass of tap water! Damn that is low tds. Must taste so much better. 340ppm for me in Norfolk ?

QUESTION/ADVICE;

Hi Guys,

Many Thanks in advance!
I have that exact pump and it does fit through a 9” hole but it won’t fit with the barb connected to the elbow. You have to angle it to get inside the hole then while holding it the pump screw the barb into the elbow while inside, it’s fiddly at best.

It’s a powerful pump, empties a 650l tank in about 3 minutes (using 1 and 1/4” hose)

An option i use is a clarke surface water pump connected using 1" ID hard wall hose to a 1" camlock fitting directly onto the IBC generic 50mm 2" course thread fitting.

65lpm at full bore and I'm not in a rush for mega fast fill in seconds.

Also I have full control of it's flow and shut off. 

I upgraded to having 2 IBC's side by side and made a coupling manifold from 32mm waste pipe and a few ball valves 

Haha! I counted the asterisks. Just out of curiosity. ?
Yea I didn't think for one minute that the three letter slang word for a cigarette that begins with F would be considered an expletive.. Funny world these days!  

About 15 years ago it might have been something else that was rolled ?... The good ol' days ?

Yea I didn't think for one minute that the three letter slang word for a cigarette that begins with F would be considered an expletive.. Funny world these days!  

About 15 years ago it might have been something else that was rolled ?... The good ol' days ?
Haha! I was thinking of something beginning with j and ending with a t. Five letters. ?

Haha! I was thinking of something beginning with j and ending with a t. Five letters. ?
Precisely what I thought haha

Post above 15 years ago ? Try it again some time it’s magic stuff works wonders, gives your brain a good shake up and makes you think about stuff from the opposite angle ? wish the Mrs hadn’t banned it ? ?

Haha! I never tried it personally. Though I was once in a tiny bedsit visiting a friend in Chiswick in the early 70s. There was about five of us in the room sitting on a couple of old mattresses. They were all peacefully passing a joint around. Bypassing me cos they knew I didn't indulge. I guess I was passive smoking it though the term hadn't been coined at the time.

Ahem, I was nearly tempted to give it a try. ?

Edit: In all seriousness, I'm very glad I didn't. I can honestly say I've never taken anything stronger than three or four real ales and a drop of whisky. I was always determined nothing or no one was going to own me, so I didn't take the risk. Having said that I have had some great times getting slightly merry around a campfire with sea kayaking pals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Precisely what I thought haha

Post above 15 years ago ? Try it again some time it’s magic stuff works wonders, gives your brain a good shake up and makes you think about stuff from the opposite angle ? wish the Mrs hadn’t banned it ? ?
That was the trouble, I was thinking about everything from every angle every minute of the bloody day. Messed me right up lol it was great for the first few years but just abused it in the end. Started too young. Are you listening kids!!! Don't do it! Haha

All good now though ?

That was the trouble, I was thinking about everything from every angle every minute of the bloody day. Messed me right up lol it was great for the first few years but just abused it in the end. Started too young. Are you listening kids!!! Don't do it! Haha

All good now though ?
Yeah it does end up being negative I agree and can be from the off in certain people, I have learned how to ‘harness’ don’t know how else to describe it lol  , the positive sides after partaking socially probably yearly at most 

the mind and psychology is something I’m extremely interested 

You missed out transfer hose  25mm Flexible Pond Hose  this is by far the best stuff it doesn't split you can twist, drive over it and totally abuse it and it won't lose it's shape at all I have had mine over 4 years most likely longer and it's still going strong, only buy from the seller linked as I can't comment on other suppliers as to whether it's the exact same stuff @Den bought some a little while ago as well. 

Yeah it does end up being negative I agree and can be from the off in certain people, I have learned how to ‘harness’ don’t know how else to describe it lol  , the positive sides after partaking socially probably yearly at most 

the mind and psychology is something I’m extremely interested 
Oh absolutely there's positive in it, its finding the way to use it to its potential. I think more studies are being done now into the positive effects. I think it's the same with anything really, OK in moderation. I was kinda all or nothing with it. I was quite open minded and an overthinker before I even tried it, I think my mind was opened up too much after years of abuse. Too many thoughts for one person to process, if that makes sense lol 

I'm glad to see these kids that suffer with horrific seizures are now allowed to use it. Must be an absolute game changer for them and their parents. 

You missed out transfer hose  25mm Flexible Pond Hose  this is by far the best stuff it doesn't split you can twist, drive over it and totally abuse it and it won't lose it's shape at all I have had mine over 4 years most likely longer and it's still going strong, only buy from the seller linked as I can't comment on other suppliers as to whether it's the exact same stuff @Den bought some a little while ago as well. 
Extremely happy with the transfer hose you recommended, without the best I-have used ?

Back