Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Safety work shoes

I don't know those boots. I only ever wear Armstrong Safety work boots, have done for the last ten years at least. The best workboots I've ever used. Leather, waterproof (treated a few times a year with dubbin), steel shank in sole for protection from nails, superb grip, warm, fresh and comfortable. Last for ages. Around £50 I think when I last bought a pair.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no arch though, and you climb ladders!? And no protection for the ankle. Working boots not plimsolls for manual work, surely? We won't fall out over it but I think we might have to agree to disagree. ?

Yeah, I wear hiking boots most of the time. But not for working.
I want to know I have steel shank protection if I stand on a board with nails sticking up. I often see that, (broken fences house and shed renovations and the like). I had a nail go into my foot years ago. Once was enough for me. I didn't like it. ?

Yeah, I wear hiking boots most of the time. But not for working.
I want to know I have steel shank protection if I stand on a board with nails sticking up. I often see that, (broken fences house and shed renovations and the like). I had a nail go into my foot years ago. Once was enough for me. I didn't like it. ?
Yeah had a few near misses - the scarpa have been great boots but I kinda want the protection I think 

I wear walking trainers , light, waterproof, and not to hot I don’t think we really need safety foot ware doing our job but obviously it’s good to take precautions we don’t do site work so nails isn’t a problem, it’s more dog poop than anything else ???

I buy waterproof/goretex walking style shoes.  Can't seem to get a pair thats actually decently waterproof, doing my head in trying to get shoes that can take a bit of moisture. Had salomons, Merrell, Colombia, rubbish IMO.

There's no arch though, and you climb ladders!? And no protection for the ankle. Working boots not plimsolls for manual work, surely? We won't fall out over it but I think we might have to agree to disagree. ?
I honestly don't how windys can work in work boots if just window cleaning and doing fsg's I wear walking boots or trainers a slx falling on my toes ain't going to hurt ?  some days I start off with boots then if the weather warms up and my feet are getting too warm I'll put my trainers on. 

I honestly don't how windys can work in work boots if just window cleaning and doing fsg's I wear walking boots or trainers a slx falling on my toes ain't going to hurt ?  some days I start off with boots then if the weather warms up and my feet are getting too warm I'll put my trainers on. 
A nail going up through the sole into my foot stings a bit, I recall. ?

I wear hiking boots when I'm not working (moccasin slippers around home) . I never wear trainers. Smelly skanky looking things. I hate them. I don't like Crocks or flip flops either, or tracky bottoms. I like to look like a worker.

Jeez! I'm a grumpy old fart when you look at it. ☺️

Each to their own own of course. ?

I ahve been wearing some scarpa boots for the last 6 months and there good, light waterproof and comfy, but have had a few near nails in foot situations and saw these: https://www.safetybrands.co.uk/collections/all Anyone tried anything like this or can recommend an alternative ? thanks
I never bother. I'm not on a building site or warehouse 

I just wear waterproof Salomon running trainers.

You'll be surprised how much work boots slow you down and cause fatigue 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trainers-Footwear-Protective-Trainer-Construction/dp/B07W83HXGP/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=LARNMERN+Safety+Shoes+Men+Women+Work+Trainers+Boots+Steel+Toe+Caps+Sport+Sneakers&qid=1620557621&s=shoes&sr=1-5

I bought these shoes all the time and the price goes up every year. Used to be £35 and now £59. Inflation has kicked in and if you want to buy anything get it now.
Or you can get them via Aliexpress at about 1/2 price delivered in 2 weeks.

https://larnmern.aliexpress.com/store/3894057

This link is nothing to do with me. I often save money using Aliexpress. Oh, just check the final checkout price. Since Brexit there me be VAT added. Should still be cheaper. By the way, items on other websites probably come from this Supplier. 

Regarding salomon shoes, seemingly salomon was bought over by some conglomerate type of thing according to a mountain shop guy n just pumping out shoes, quality has slipped n they will give you a new pair if any issues. I returned my gtx ultra shoes n got my £100 back, as just leaking. I do have salomon boots gtx, but get dampness coming in from overspray of wfp, I don't stand under the window sill while working. 

I like to look like a worker.
Bush hat and walking trousers, worker or walker ? 

I look like a worker my good man even with skanky trainers, full logoed workwear, Dewalt work trousers I am an all out looking pro, I can send you a pic and you can use it as a pin up in your van ?

Bush hat and walking trousers, worker or walker ? 

I look like a worker my good man even with skanky trainers, full logoed workwear, Dewalt work trousers I am an all out looking pro, I can send you a pic and you can use it as a pin up in your van ?
Good point! Anyone who knows me outside of the forum knows I'm renowned for hating walking even though I dress like a hiker. I like to get my exercise sat on my a..e in a kayak.⚓?

You can hold fire on the glamour photo for now. ?

Or you can get them via Aliexpress at about 1/2 price delivered in 2 weeks.

https://larnmern.aliexpress.com/store/3894057

This link is nothing to do with me. I often save money using Aliexpress. Oh, just check the final checkout price. Since Brexit there me be VAT added. Should still be cheaper. By the way, items on other websites probably come from this Supplier. 
That's great because I got them at half price so stocked up on 6 pairs. Just hope my feet don't expand in the meantime. ?

Back