Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Small PW/ SW job

aceman

Hi Chaps

I've had a customer ask me to clean a small patio for her, only lightly soiled but does have black lichen spots.

She's asked if the spots can be removed.  I'm thinking a quick go over with a PW followed by a SW with hypo should do the trick.

I've not done this type of job before so any advice on pricing specifically would be much appreciated.  It's approx 25 square meters Indian sandstone patio.  Do you normally price a PW and then a SW separately?  

TIA

Hi Chaps

I've had a customer ask me to clean a small patio for her, only lightly soiled but does have black lichen spots.

She's asked if the spots can be removed.  I'm thinking a quick go over with a PW followed by a SW with hypo should do the trick.

I've not done this type of job before so any advice on pricing specifically would be much appreciated.  It's approx 25 square meters Indian sandstone patio.  Do you normally price a PW and then a SW separately?  

TIA
We have a minimum set up charge of £150 this stopes the I have a path 10x1 meter brigade it’s not worth putting all the kit in the van for less . I don’t generally price per sm unless it’s some big drive way or car park , I just look at it and guestimate how long it will take to do and then work what I want per hour + materials . Black spot will probably need neat hypo befire or after the clean depending how you work and a scrub with a stiff broom with hypo on it will help remove it easier to work the hypo into the algi .

We have a minimum set up charge of £150 this stopes the I have a path 10x1 meter brigade it’s not worth putting all the kit in the van for less . I don’t generally price per sm unless it’s some big drive way or car park , I just look at it and guestimate how long it will take to do and then work what I want per hour + materials . Black spot will probably need neat hypo befire or after the clean depending how you work and a scrub with a stiff broom with hypo on it will help remove it easier to work the hypo into the algi .
Thanks matey I appreciate the advice ?

My view would be it's a pressure wash or a soft wash - not both. There's no need and just making more work for yourself.

Either way use hypo and soft washing sandstone is a good idea depending on its condition. If you can see layers of it coming loose then sw it as it's the more gentle option.

Otherwise, I'd be inclined to pour a hypo mix over it using a wateringcan, scrub it with a stiff broom then pressure wash it at a lower pressure with care.

If there any black spots left they'll be dead and soon weather away.. £150 is a fair price for 25sqm minus the cost of hypo but only couple of hours work.

Back