Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ova 8 and tubeless?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ShaunieIRL

Hi all, Yesterday I received my new ova 8 pole, replacing a trusty old phantom hybrid. I've always used exceed tubeless with the phantom as I cannot stand an untidy van ?. However, the exceed ejector sleeve does not fit up the pole so I've had to use the supplied pole hose from streamline which is utter ****( I normally just use reel hose). I cannot see an option for the ova 8 on the exceed website. Is anyone aware of a tubeless kit that will fit the ova 8? If all else fails I'll just leave the rectus fitting a couple of inches out of the base of the pole.

Hi all, Yesterday I received my new ova 8 pole, replacing a trusty old phantom hybrid. I've always used exceed tubeless with the phantom as I cannot stand an untidy van ?. However, the exceed ejector sleeve does not fit up the pole so I've had to use the supplied pole hose from streamline which is utter ****( I normally just use reel hose). I cannot see an option for the ova 8 on the exceed website. Is anyone aware of a tubeless kit that will fit the ova 8? If all else fails I'll just leave the rectus fitting a couple of inches out of the base of the pole.
Give Ova8 or ziggy at streamline a call, far quicker than waiting for forum answer.

I don't understand hoseless kits, they are like electric reels for those who haven't the time.

Just coil your hose up with a bungee loop. I do it all day everyday every job. If you haven't a spare 3 seconds per job your time management skills need improvement in my opinion.

Nothing fancy in my van. Free exercise for me 

20210512_143446.jpg

As above. Although I’m going to tubeless my slx as the extensions don’t fully extend at the length I’ve cut the hose hahaha! I usually cut it just over the length of poles maximum but messed up last time ??

Give Ova8 or ziggy at streamline a call, far quicker than waiting for forum answer.

I don't understand hoseless kits, they are like electric reels for those who haven't the time.

Just coil your hose up with a bungee loop. I do it all day everyday every job. If you haven't a spare 3 seconds per job your time management skills need improvement in my opinion.

Nothing fancy in my van. Free exercise for me 

View attachment 24622
I'll give them a bell tomorrow and see do they know of a solution. Its less to do with time management and more to do with the practicality of dealing with pole hose. It just seems like a pointless exercise and cannot understand why anyone would want to work with it, It's utter garbage. I've always used reel hose from the bottom of the collapsed pole, the extra weight never bothered. I took this picture today of the dreadful purple pole hose from streamline, great pole and all but dreadful hose. Also like yourself nothing fancy in my van either, the manual reel is good for the arms ?

20210512_105420.jpg

I'll give them a bell tomorrow and see do they know of a solution. Its less to do with time management and more to do with the practicality of dealing with pole hose. It just seems like a pointless exercise and cannot understand why anyone would want to work with it, It's utter garbage. I've always used reel hose from the bottom of the collapsed pole, the extra weight never bothered. I took this picture today of the dreadful purple pole hose from streamline, great pole and all but dreadful hose. Also like yourself nothing fancy in my van either, the manual reel is good for the arms ?

View attachment 24624
There's nothing on the streamline, Ova8 & Exceed Website so it must still be in the invention process unless you buy a tubeless kit and know a mate with a 3D printer to custom made an ejector plug etc 

I haven’t come across  a pole that cannot be converted yet ,send it to me Ime sure I can sort it out ???
Ha ha! Might take you up on that Paul. I have a a long weekend glamping in Cornwall at the beginning of June to celebrate my birthday. I could drop my pole off at your gaff. It could be my present from you?

Was actually thinking about buying an extreme and keeping my ova 8 as a spare pole but was a bit worried about the fragility of them
I use an extream 22 as an everyday pole gets used for window cleaning , UPVC Cleaning , commercial buildings ,and softwashing not sure how long I have had it but must be 18 months ????? Used every day and not broken any sections on it yet , that will be the kiss of death probably brake one tomorrow now I have said that ????, Ime quite happy to try and convert the pole if you want me to . Give me a pm and I’ll give you my number if you want to meet up . 

Pjjj do you flush your extremes out every week and take them apart every month as it says ?

ive got one on route  ??
No if the pole is very lucky it might get washed out  once a month or if a dirty job done after we finish , I haven’t taken this one apart since new been to busy , if I get a spare  bit of time I might do that and check replace the tape etc , I don’t treat the extream poles we have any differently to any other poles , at last count think we have around 26-30 poles so a major job to maintain that lot  ???

Pjjj do you flush your extremes out every week and take them apart every month as it says ?

ive got one on route  ??
Ime sure you will be impressed with it they are good poles 

Latest Posts

Back