Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diluted detergent

Taz69

Hi guys! I use razrglide detergent, once its been diluted and in a bucket with lid how long do you keep it for before you throw it away? I diluted with 4L of water today and didnt manage to use any whatsoever and it seems a shame yo just throw it away. Will it last? If so how long? Thanks in advanceĀ  ?

I wouldnā€™t see why it wouldnā€™t last. I only use fairy, but just checked out the stuff your using on WCW. The reviews sound a bit ridiculous. Is it really a game changer compare to washing up liquid?

Hi guys! I use razrglide detergent, once its been diluted and in a bucket with lid how long do you keep it for before you throw it away? I diluted with 4L of water today and didnt manage to use any whatsoever and it seems a shame yo just throw it away. Will it last? If so how long? Thanks in advanceĀ  ?
Cleaning products such as detergents / surfactants have a limited life as the chemicals used become weaker with exposure

I believe that water quality dilution ratio work against each other and can rapidly breakdown over a matter of 12 hours, but Reactivating the liquid with rapid stiring energises the water as air is introduced making the solution froth.

I spent some wasted years doing a sideline business hiring out commercial nightclub and venue foam Canons and went on a two day course just to learn about detergent surfactants so I know a little about shelve lifeĀ 

I find it's pretty decent stuff. For the price and how far it goes, and also the quality of it it's all I use. I'd recommend it. I cant see why it wouldnt last either

That's a good point didnt think about that ?

If you're going to use so little water? There's no point in making such a lot of solution, if you're not going to use that much.

Get a pipette and add 3-6ml of razrglide to 500ml of water in a plastic drinks bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you put the water in first, filling nearly to the top of the bottle, then add the solution with the pipette, then put the top back on the bottle and shake? ?

Back