Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

American prices in the UK

laddergarder

I remember when I first started, hearing what Americans paid for window cleaning astounded me. But considering its bi-annual and most houses are larger, you can understand it, its also glass, frames, sills, tracks and screens in and out.

I have always though eventually the cost of living in the UK would catch up, and the monthly exterior clean wouldn't make sense for larger homes, and the american format would gradually take over.

My question is do you think this could be the case as the living wage increases further, and has anyone tried offering a more extensive one off clean at a higher rate, to cover the cost of quoting, callout, advertising for one offs etc.

Interesting question. Given that weekly cleans were once the norm and nowadays monthly/six weekly are probably the mainstay there has already been a long term shift. I think the bigger threat would be a big drop in the old stocks and shares markets which would affect wealty customers who are already whining about low interest rates.

We should regard nothing as permanent and be prepared to adapt to survive and thrive.

Blimey, it's amazing charge 100 dollars. and also amazing the english guy only charges 8 pounds!

I wonder what those screen things are for?

Thanks for the 11 minute time guide- the intro seemed to last forever!

Blimey, it's amazing charge 100 dollars. and also amazing the english guy only charges 8 pounds!

I wonder what those screen things are for?

Thanks for the 11 minute time guide- the intro seemed to last forever!
Is obvious what the screens are for. Hotter weather more insects more wildlife and poisonous snakes

Is obvious what the screens are for. Hotter weather more insects more wildlife and poisonous snakes
Fly screens , horrible job to clean them I would imagine , we go to the Cayman Islands diving and they have them on all the apartment blocks there always covered in dead flies and bugs ????? 

Fly screens , horrible job to clean them I would imagine , we go to the Cayman Islands diving and they have them on all the apartment blocks there always covered in dead flies and bugs ????? 
They have a thing called a screen washer, that connects to the customers tap, and they charge a few dollars per screen. A house with 50 windows can earn them $100+ extra cleaning somthing they were going to have to take off anyway.

They have a thing called a screen washer, that connects to the customers tap, and they charge a few dollars per screen. A house with 50 windows can earn them $100+ extra cleaning somthing they were going to have to take off anyway.
I charge 4.50 a screen to remove, wash, and then reinstall.

Average house in my area have 10 to 30 screens per home.

Do you charge per window or per pane? And if its (per pane) what's your average price per pane(roughly), and what does that include? Track frames sills?
I charge per pane. Price varies average price per pane is approximately $5. Normally it will include windows, frames and sills. If tracks need to be deep cleaned it $5 per track .

So if I do inside and out and clean tracks and screen appropriate price per window unit it will run you about $14.50 per unit. 

Hope that helps give you an idea what I charge. 

If you or anyone has any other questions or curiousity please feel free to ask..I might have an answer for you. ?

I charge per pane. Price varies average price per pane is approximately $5. Normally it will include windows, frames and sills. If tracks need to be deep cleaned it $5 per track .

So if I do inside and out and clean tracks and screen appropriate price per window unit it will run you about $14.50 per unit. 

If you or anyone has any other questions or curiousity please feel free to ask..I might have an answer for you. ?
How long does it take you for an average size property ?? And how often do people have it done ? 

Hope you are keeping well over there mate

How long does it take you for an average size property ?? And how often do people have it done ? 
@Pjjaverage size house in my area is about 15 window units. For a complete service, that includes windows in and out frames, sill, tracks and screens takes about 1.5- hours. 

Most of my clients have it done 2x a year. I have 280 clients that are on 4weekly for just exterior service. Those homes take approximately 30mins each.

Thing here are good thanks for asking mate. Hope all is well in your slice of heaven.

But I didnt sliced the heck out my thumb with the ninja scraper yesterday lol 
Ninja blade cuts are the best. If you've not cut yourself you've not used one haha

They are painful, the plastic blade holder strips are the worst

Ninja blade cuts are the best. If you've not cut yourself you've not used one haha

They are painful, the plastic blade holder strips are the worst
Right..it's always "oh man again, wheres a rag and duct tape" 

??

Back