Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van insurance wfp

Lots will these days including the big names I have been with Admiral 2-3 years now and my tank is declared and it's in black and white on the policy, it was never on the policy with A-Plan I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole these days. 

I'm insured with Alexander Swan. I've told them in writing that my system is self fitted. The tank is strapped to the load rings with lorry ratchet straps. I carry ladders and other equipment. I've had no issues with renewals. We're covered for a temporary replacement, equipped work van in the unfortunate event.

Hi guys, I've been with a plan for five years now. Is there any other agents that insure us for carrying a factory fitted tank? TIA
Try Alexander Swan mate. They were very informative quoting there's no difference between bolted and strapped in tanks. Helpful transparent and easy to contact 

I've stayed with A Plan. They've covered the system as well, and by putting my wife on the policy has saved me over £140!!!! I couldn't believe it! 

I've stayed with A Plan. They've covered the system as well, and by putting my wife on the policy has saved me over £140!!!! I couldn't believe it! 
That's a marketing trick they use. If she gets a speeding fine your premiums go up automatically. They try to lock you in with the wife clause. If you remove her as a named driver your premiums still increase by the additional £140. So you are between the proverbial Devil and the deep blue sea.

It was the main reason why I moved to Aviva. My van fully comprehensively insured with all the kit cost half of what A Plan's premium was with no wife clause.

My suggestion is to shop around.

Insurance is a funny thing. What suits one person may not suit another. Insurance premiums are driven by age and post code. When I was in the motor trade I sold a brand new Citroen C15 to a couple of young guys who were painters. The van sold for £4995 plus VAT and delivery. Their insurance quoted them nearly £3000 a year. We got them a price of just under £2000. They were as happy as Larry. I was left stunned by this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Alexander Swan mate. They were very informative quoting there's no difference between bolted and strapped in tanks. Helpful transparent and easy to contact 
Wasn't the case just a few years ago they wouldn't insure me with a strapped in tank, I am going to give them a call when my policy is due for renewal but it's not up till December. 

That's a marketing trick they use. If she gets a speeding fine your premiums go up automatically. They try to lock you in with the wife clause. If you remove her as a named driver your premiums still increase by the additional £140. So you are between the proverbial Devil and the deep blue sea.

It was the main reason why I moved to Aviva. My van fully comprehensively insured with all the kit cost half of what A Plan's premium was with no wife clause.

My suggestion is to shop around.

Insurance is a funny thing. What suits one person may not suit another. Insurance premiums are driven by age and post code. When I was in the motor trade I sold a brand new Citroen C15 to a couple of young guys who were painters. The van sold for £4995 plus VAT and delivery. Their insurance quoted them nearly £3000 a year. We got them a price of just under £2000. They were as happy as Larry. I was left stunned by this.
Aviva for me everything declared tank, decals and roof rack cheap as chips.

Latest Posts

Back