Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone use the vyair 4040 setup?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug Atkinson from Daqua posted recently that the only true low pressure membrane was an Axeon HF5.

That membrane is more expensive than the offering made by Vyair.
Cheers mate I'll have a read.

The eco4 membrane says equivalent to hf5.. not that it will be as good.
I’ve spoken about Vyair in the past and their blatant false description. If you check the specification of that membrane against Axeon HF5 you will find it is far apart.

Interesting I had a customer who was having problems with his brand new membranes and the performance was not matching the specification. He changed his membrane to Axeon and got double the production. I’ve still got the membrane so when I have time will compare the actual performance.

I’ve spoken about Vyair in the past and their blatant false description. If you check the specification of that membrane against Axeon HF5 you will find it is far apart.

Interesting I had a customer who was having problems with his brand new membranes and the performance was not matching the specification. He changed his membrane to Axeon and got double the production. I’ve still got the membrane so when I have time will compare the actual performance.
They also don’t send out the same product they advertise,

Their response regarding that is it’s the same spec ??‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

I won't deal with them tbh. Many years ago they were advertising those Chinese pumps they sell as low current draw. I queried this. I later found a spec on the pumps from the Chinese supplier and the power consumption listed was free flowing. Under load they actually consumed more current than the equivalent Shurflo pump did.

Unfortunately the Chinese manufacturers are known for copying other manufacturers specs even if that spec doesn't apply to their product.

Out of the box my Axeon HF5 membrane produced pure at a rejection rate of 98%. That was in July with 50psi water pressure. The tap water temperature certainly wasn't 24 degrees C with water pressure at 100psi. My interpretation of their performance clause at the bottom of the web page just means your purchase will never perform to those specs because you will never duplicate that criteria. It's their 'get out of jail' card.

Window Cleaning Warehouse do that as well.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/filters-and-membranes/products/high-volume-membranes?variant=29476762681413

Please Note: Either Axeon® or Spectrum™ Brand Version Supplied at the bottom of the page.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/filters-and-membranes/products/spectrum-high-flow-low-energy-membrane?variant=31678959714364

If you ordered an Axeon HF5 and they supplied a Spectrum membrane, would they charge you the lower Spectrum price? Anybody know?

Back