Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pebble dash pained

Why are you thinking you cant hypo it? Surely the cracks wont be harmed by hypo? The rain would get in the cracks so what problem do you foresee?

Not sure why the op has said this ? Not sure what the question is ?? But we wouldn’t have any qualms  hypoing it 

I WILL WRITE THIS IN ENGLISH THEN 

?

THERE ARE SLIGHT HOLES  IN THE RENDER  NOT ALL OVER BUT JUST IN PLACES.

ABOVE THE CONNY I CANT TELL IF  THE RENDER HAS HOLES IN IT  WOULD YOU TREAT IT WITH A 1 TO 4 SOFTWASH MIX AND GENTLY RINSE OR JUST BIOCIDE IT

I WILL WRITE THIS IN ENGLISH THEN 

?

THERE ARE SLIGHT HOLES  IN THE RENDER  NOT ALL OVER BUT JUST IN PLACES.

ABOVE THE CONNY I CANT TELL IF  THE RENDER HAS HOLES IN IT  WOULD YOU TREAT IT WITH A 1 TO 4 SOFTWASH MIX AND GENTLY RINSE OR JUST BIOCIDE IT
IT DEPENDS WHAT ITS DIRTY WITH IF ITS CARBONATIOUS DIRT HYPO WONT DO ANYTHING, IF ITS BACTERIAL GROWTH AND ALGI THEN HYPO  WILL CLEAN IT ??

WHAT ABOUT THE BRUSHING IN PJJ SHOULD I JUST BE GENTLE WITH IT I PRESUME 
From the pictures it doesn’t look like you will rub the pebbles off ??? I would be tempted to spray it with a couple of good coats leave for 45 muinits then rinse off with a garden hose , see what it comes up like , but from the pictures it looks more like carbonatious dirt not biological???

From the pictures it doesn’t look like you will rub the pebbles off ??? I would be tempted to spray it with a couple of good coats leave for 45 muinits then rinse off with a garden hose , see what it comes up like , but from the pictures it looks more like carbonatious dirt not biological???
ok thank for you advice ?

one last  thing it is actually painted pebble dash with a really heavy coat of paint   isnt it  

or is like an artex  surface i have the benz book but  it doesnt cover this stuff i have been turning this work down 

Looks like painted pebble dash ,beach pebbles , you can clean painted pebble dash , unpainted pebble dash and artex type , surfaces and all render and k rend using hypo mix . 

Looks like painted pebble dash ,beach pebbles , you can clean painted pebble dash , unpainted pebble dash and artex type , surfaces and all render and k rend using hypo mix . 
yes   thanks  beach pebbles   thats it   sorry for the confusion  ?

I think I would advise to paint it with masonry paint and give them a quote.
i dont do painting.

but whare i work the painters just lash it on and go they dont clean anything down and it minging. i would rather clean it and put some bio on it.  and get some more in the street after its cleaned make it look real nice.

£3500  to 

£4000 the painters quoted but thats with scaffolding all round the house 

i dont do painting.

but whare i work the painters just lash it on and go they dont clean anything down and it minging. i would rather clean it and put some bio on it.  and get some more in the street after its cleaned make it look real nice.

£3500  to 

£4000 the painters quoted but thats with scaffolding all round the house 
You only need a tower and move it around as you go. That's the reason I bought my Boss AGR Tower. It cost 4 grand but it has paid for itself in 6 months.

how do you paint over the conservatory elevation or do you just stand on the tower with a long pole and roller to get to the wall above the conny 
I paid £500 for a pair of ladder staging brackets. So I place a ladder and bracket on one end and a tower on the other and slide a 6m youngman board across. last year I had to buy a 7.2 metre board to fix lead above a conservatory, its still at the house because the customer paid for it. He has a 12 metre long conservatory with a beam halfway across, which I can rest the board on.

https://www.ladders-999.co.uk/roof-ladders/lsd-ladder-staging-scaffold.html

I paid £500 for a pair of ladder staging brackets. So I place a ladder and bracket on one end and a tower on the other and slide a 6m youngman board across. last year I had to buy a 7.2 metre board to fix lead above a conservatory, its still at the house because the customer paid for it. He has a 12 metre long conservatory with a beam halfway across, which I can rest the board on.

https://www.ladders-999.co.uk/roof-ladders/lsd-ladder-staging-scaffold.html
Ime not afrade of heights but you wouldn’t get me using that set up doesn’t look at all safe to me 

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock