Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

employing women for window cleaning?

Amazin

to the ones that employs or have tried. Would you consider that or I'm I looking for trouble?? Do you even get female applicants?

I know several guys that have there wives work with them , but no never had a woman employee I have always known the guys that work for me now I wouldn’t take on a stranger .

to the ones that employs or have tried. Would you consider that or I'm I looking for trouble?? Do you even get female applicants?
I know many female window cleaners and external cleaning contractors

They work hard they are all equal and put many to shame

I don't understand the question though?? Do you think they are any different

Studies have shown that people (the people in the study i guess) find women more trustworthy then men. Can’t remember why. That’s got to be worth considering. 

There's a female window cleaner near to me and I don't even bother trying to find work there because she's highly regarded in the area and everyone always recommend her given it's a small provincial town and she's well established. 

There's no reason why not. Strength wise, any new employee will probably have to build up to it, regardless.

I clean windows with my wife now but over the years I've worked with many Window cleaners and I can honestly say she cleans the most windows to the highest standard in the shortest time of anyone I've worked with. 

The only advantage I have is height, so some windows over conservatories are just easier if you are taller. Also reaching over to unbolt gates is definitely my job ?

We both use CLX 27's as our everyday poles (hoping to upgrade soon) and they aren't the lightest when doing 3rd storey. 

There's no reason why not. Strength wise, any new employee will probably have to build up to it, regardless.

I clean windows with my wife now but over the years I've worked with many Window cleaners and I can honestly say she cleans the most windows to the highest standard in the shortest time of anyone I've worked with. 

The only advantage I have is height, so some windows over conservatories are just easier if you are taller. Also reaching over to unbolt gates is definitely my job ?

We both use CLX 27's as our everyday poles (hoping to upgrade soon) and they aren't the lightest when doing 3rd storey. 
I won’t be messing with her then ????

Studies have shown that people (the people in the study i guess) find women more trustworthy then men. Can’t remember why. That’s got to be worth considering. 
Agree, there are many home cleaning services and females in the trade with storming successes as they are better trusted and secure many contracts with nursing homes and other establishments where vulnerable residents reside

Women have been some of my best and most reliable employees.

They have a natural ability to pay attention to detail (at least most). They also give other women (client) a sense of trust and comfort. 

The modern day woman with confidence and belief are awesome. I will never employ, but would be very tempted by the right woman. Female ultra runners are awesome..my tyre fitting depot is a young woman, with a great attitude, and boy does she know what she's doing. So in my opinion, I may have some lack of belief in our young guys, who can't get out of bed when they've had a skinful watching football.....

few years ago we employed 3 young women and theres me me me so was 4 of us + the men .What i remember was how the work rolled in apace when they were onboard, they were very popular. They Eventually left to have children and i can remember after theyd gone several customers said to me[in a most unpleasant tone] "is Your husband the father?"
Going off what you've said in the past......

I don't think you are allowed allowed to descriminate? If one applies you have to give them equal consideration.
Yeah but in the real world we all do don't we? I have never seen a female window cleaner unless it's the wife or the partner of a male window cleaner

I know many female window cleaners and external cleaning contractors

They work hard they are all equal and put many to shame

I don't understand the question though?? Do you think they are any different
I haven't seen one before that and it's certainly not the norm so I was curious if others employed them. Plenty of females working as indoor cleaners but outdoor is bit different 

There's a female window cleaner near to me and I don't even bother trying to find work there because she's highly regarded in the area and everyone always recommend her given it's a small provincial town and she's well established. 
sounds like myself!

Yeah but in the real world we all do don't we? I have never seen a female window cleaner unless it's the wife or the partner of a male window cleaner

I haven't seen one before that and it's certainly not the norm so I was curious if others employed them. Plenty of females working as indoor cleaners but outdoor is bit different 

sounds like myself!
Even if there's a husband and wife team that female is a female window cleaner regardless. I know around 20,

Why don't you get yourself on Instagram and engage with them.

There are many doing an amazing job and running businesses that are thriving.

This is 2021 not the victorian times

I know a woman who’s husband left her. In the divorce he offered her a cash settlement thinking she’d bite his hand off. No, she was no idiot. She demanded half his window cleaning round (and got it) to this day she services those customers and her daughter now runs her own window cleaning company also!

Last edited by a moderator:

sounds like myself!
There are several female  window cleaners round my way I have passed on some jobs to a couple of them . 

Latest Posts

Back